RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2018) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I won't find out until this evening - I had a quick look at thttps://hub.realbuzzregistrations.com/event/realbuzz-registrations/2018-prls-100-uk/ but although it shows I am in the ballot, I don't see the result.

@vickster if by some miracle I do get it I would love to take you up on the hotel reservation as I did not even bother to book one this time around.

vickster

Legendary Member
I won't find out until this evening - I had a quick look at thttps://hub.realbuzzregistrations.com/event/realbuzz-registrations/2018-prls-100-uk/ but although it shows I am in the ballot, I don't see the result.

@vickster if by some miracle I do get it I would love to take you up on the hotel reservation as I did not even bother to book one this time around.
Np. I will need it if I get into the 46. Might be worth booking something flex in the meantime which you can cancel

vickster

Legendary Member
Not for me neither.
Surely they could give the people who never get in after years of trying a chance.Totally unfair some people keep getting in year after year.
F**k em!
I don’t know many who get multiple ballot places. They may use a club space (which could be deemed unfair) or charity

GM

Legendary Member
Got my commiserations this morning, I've lost count how many of these I've got. Going to try for the 46, did it last year, loved it

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Cheer up doggie! You could still come down and do the Saturday silly sightseeing ride, not need to take time out to trek to Excel, watch the evening races unencumbered by a need to get up early the next day and depending on trains, get home again and save the inflated hotel room prices.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Comisserations for me also. I have received a rather smart waterproof/wind proof jacket. I think this must be because I donated my entry fee to charity if I was unsuccessful.

I heard there was a second ballot in 2017 for people who did this. I’m correct in thinking I might have a second chance.

Got in last year so I’ve had one success in six attempts.

steverob

Guru
I heard there was a second ballot in 2017 for people who did this. I’m correct in thinking I might have a second chance.
Afraid not - the second draw takes place at the same time as the first one, so you'd already know if you were successful in that. I only know this because someone (probably on here) once said they'd received the Congratulations magazine a few years back with a note saying that they had failed in the original ballot, but got in through the second chance one for those who pre-donated their fee.

Diz

Well it's 5 out of 5 commiserations for me this year and just to rub it in they sent me 2 commiserations magazines so that makes it 5 attempts and 6 knock backs!

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well it's 5 out of 5 commiserations for me this year and just to rub it in they sent me 2 commiserations magazines so that makes it 5 attempts and 6 knock backs!
Now, if you know anyone who's got in, you've an ideal opportunity to swap their magazine and profess ignorance by showing that you've still got yours, claiming they've must have dreamed getting in...

Reactions: Diz
Top Bottom