Riding at night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Finnjävel

Finnjävel

Some of the best night rides I've done were along the bank of a stream. On cold nights the stream gave off a thick fog. With enough lights, it was like riding in a tunnel. I think I need to do that again, haven't been there in a couple of years.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Also, say, for example there are people up to no good in the bushes etc, they won't see you coming so easily and you can whizz past before they realise you are even there!

Oh and if you crash (I crashed into a fallen tree once), then you can recover more quickly.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Why not, when there's nobody else about ? Keeps the badgers guessing !

(don't tell anyone but there's actually a light sabre app for the android phone which makes these noises very well too)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oh and incidentally, I will switch my lights on a various key locations and I use my common sense, but if I am out bombing along paths which I know, I often go Ninja.

Incidentally, the fallen tree would have been hit had the lights been on anyway as it had obviously just fallen, I didn't expect it..... Oh and it was snowing (a blizzard actually), so the visibility was sh*t! :laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yep, it is nice to do, but you often need to have sufficient 'Route Knowledge', sometimes with inch perfect accuracy, so that you don't crash into things like bollards etc.

Mad Doug Biker - Quality Assured At 30mph In The Dark.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Also, say, for example there are people up to no good in the bushes etc, they won't see you coming so easily and you can whizz past before they realise you are even there!

Oh and if you crash (I crashed into a fallen tree once), then you can recover more quickly.

Oh for goodness sake, who would hide in the bushes in the dark?* They would need a torch, so you'd see them first, pedal away faster!
Why would you recover more quickly from a crash if you are in darkness? :wacko:

*Edit: I just figured who would hide in the bushes in darkness :blush:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Why would you recover more quickly from a crash if you are in darkness? :wacko:

Err, because you can see better, or to be more exact, your eyes will be more used to the darkness than if you have been relying on the beam of a light and you then loose the benefit of that light when you crash.

Makes sense to me anyway.

Top Bottom