Riding in the rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Really miserable today. It's blowing a gale and tipping it down. :sad:

Same here - dripping clothes and shoes on the rads. I don't mind riding in the rain, it's the wind that does my head in.

BSRU

A Human Being
A sure sign it is very windy is when cycling down a hill using the gear you would normally use to go up it.
Torture into the wind but very pleasant as a tailwind.

2pies

Veteran
Much less cyclists on the road in London today. I took it quite slow, thinking about a hot shower, strong coffee and 2x chocolate muffins when I got to work :whistle:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
headwind as soon as i left the house! then as i swung onto the cycle track, TAILWIND!!!! i have found the mystical beast! was mighty cold (NE direction) but kept the rain out of my face (until i hit 20+ mph) however it did screw up my gps tracking so didnt record a PB through a sector on strava!

Gatley lass

Über Member
got caught in hailstone on Friday. very painful!
Weirdly by the time I had cycled 3 miles down the road the pavemnets were dry!

subaqua

What’s the point
certainly less bikes in the racks in work this morning. I had wet overshoes and wet trousers but was dry inside them . not looking nice for ride home though

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
It hasn't stopped Here all day! It's deffinately going to be a wet one again tonight, my kits just about dryed out now. I put my winter jacket back on today despite being more heavy duty it's a lot more breathable than my rain jacket.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I actually love the torrential down pours - when i have the full waterproofs on. Big grin on my face.

Can't stand it when it can't decide what to do.

+1

Especially while night riding, with the magicshine its like entering hyperspace :biggrin:

al78

Guru
+ 1 that is the pain espesh if its on the commute and you need them for the next morning!

I find stuffing newspaper inside the shoes works well.

Unfortunately I don't have any so I'm going to have wet shoes tomorrow.

This morning was pretty awful, overshoes just didn't work at all, might as well have waded through a river for all the good they did.

potsy

Rambler
T'was a horrible ride in today, strong headwind and rain.
One or the other I can handle, but both together :surrender:

At least April is nearly over, then we can break out the sun cream :sun:

Top Bottom