Riding in the rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Yep they got it right, chucking it down this morning, well at least it's washed the crap off my bike from last night lol.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Really miserable today. It's blowing a gale and tipping it down. :sad:

Same here - dripping clothes and shoes on the rads. I don't mind riding in the rain, it's the wind that does my head in.

BSRU

A Human Being
A sure sign it is very windy is when cycling down a hill using the gear you would normally use to go up it.
Torture into the wind but very pleasant as a tailwind.

2pies

Veteran
Much less cyclists on the road in London today. I took it quite slow, thinking about a hot shower, strong coffee and 2x chocolate muffins when I got to work :whistle:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
headwind as soon as i left the house! then as i swung onto the cycle track, TAILWIND!!!! i have found the mystical beast! was mighty cold (NE direction) but kept the rain out of my face (until i hit 20+ mph) however it did screw up my gps tracking so didnt record a PB through a sector on strava!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Somehow things aren't 'normal' here in Ipswich, I've done 'there and back' rides recently and had a killer headwind both ways :banghead:

Gatley lass

Über Member
got caught in hailstone on Friday. very painful!
Weirdly by the time I had cycled 3 miles down the road the pavemnets were dry!

subaqua

What’s the point
certainly less bikes in the racks in work this morning. I had wet overshoes and wet trousers but was dry inside them . not looking nice for ride home though

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
It hasn't stopped Here all day! It's deffinately going to be a wet one again tonight, my kits just about dryed out now. I put my winter jacket back on today despite being more heavy duty it's a lot more breathable than my rain jacket.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I actually love the torrential down pours - when i have the full waterproofs on. Big grin on my face.

Can't stand it when it can't decide what to do.

+1

Especially while night riding, with the magicshine its like entering hyperspace :biggrin:

I have to admit that cycling in a deluge (25mm/hr or greater) can be wild and exhilarating - however, no way do I like doing it

al78

Guru
+ 1 that is the pain espesh if its on the commute and you need them for the next morning!

I find stuffing newspaper inside the shoes works well.

Unfortunately I don't have any so I'm going to have wet shoes tomorrow.

This morning was pretty awful, overshoes just didn't work at all, might as well have waded through a river for all the good they did.

potsy

Rambler
T'was a horrible ride in today, strong headwind and rain.
One or the other I can handle, but both together :surrender:

At least April is nearly over, then we can break out the sun cream :sun:

Top Bottom