RIP Dianne Oxberry.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dave7, 11 Jan 2019.

1. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

You are doing great. I'm fortunate to meet you when collecting the camera rucksack from you. My son has really uses it with college, and the Welsh Rally was a real test (rain/mist/fog) - Kept the kit safe and dry.

2. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

We just watched NW tonight on iplayer. The presenters did a good job.
    Growing up as a kid it was Stuart Hall, John Monday, David Davis, Winifred Robinson. These local news programs worm their way into your life.
    When I lived in the South West it was a different cast, and here too in the East, but these people come in to your home and tell you about the things going on in your patch and they do become part of your furniture, and I mean that in a nice way.

I was first aware of Diane Oxberry when she was Oxers to Simon Mayo. She was bright and bubbly. Then it was always nice to see her on telly at my mums, presenting the weather. She was easy on the eye :wub: and made the job look easy too, and I’ve seen a few local weather presenters too....

And then there’s this unexplainable thing called cancer that can pull the rug from under people in a trice, regardless of who, why and what.

I don’t normally do these RIP threads, but she was always someone who put a smile on my face.
    And I didn’t even mention her divine accent.

SpokeyDokey and fossyant like this.
  3. subaqua

subaqua What’s the point

Simon Mayo on R1 breakfast show coined that one. And somebody faced her wrath when he called her Diana “ Don’t call me Dianna”. Loved going back oop north to my dads and seeing her on the telly weather. RIP duck

4. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Simon Thomas’s wife died 3 days after being diagnosed with leukaemia ( blood cancer)

5. PaulB

PaulB Guru

Our group of runners had some extremely bad news recently about a fatal condition one of our runners has and she's only 19! She remains very bright and cheerful despite all the treatments she's undergoing and she's a smart young lady but for her condition, the chances of her still being with us in five years time is 5-10%. On average, a person with the condition she has can expect to live only 12-15 months and it's the same condition that Mo Mowlem battled. It's bloody rotten because we all know her mother and father very well as they run with us most weeks so we're all doing what we can to remain strong for them. Those of you who watch Look North on the BBC may have seen this family on the programme this week.

6. OP
    OP
    Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Nice one. And a nice person you are too. Glad you/your son is benefitting from it

7. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Lost a friend to this. I think he succumbed in less than three months.

8. OP
    OP
    Dave7

Dave7 Guru

I am with you on that.
    I think its the first RIP that I have actually started but it gave me such a shock to read about it that I felt compelled.....weird innit.

9. Brains

Brains Guru

My dad was 6 weeks from 'feeling a bit off', diagnosis, funeral.

10. Yes,i saw that on the local news yesterday. On my laptop by the way,in case anyone doubts my 'not watched tv in ages'. It was very sad to listen to her dad say how helpless he feels when he can't do anything to save his daughter.

Edit..... I'm getting confused here. I think this is the one,but why would a Liverpool story be in my local paper? https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....-break-after-terminal-brain-tumour-diagnosis/

Last edited: 12 Jan 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice