RIP Dianne Oxberry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I found I had bladder cancer approx 5 years ago. Had 3 ops and all the horrible treatment. I seem to be clear at the moment.
Just read about some guy that was diagnosed with bladder cancer and died within a few months.
I am fortunate but life really can be sh*te to some people.

You are doing great. I'm fortunate to meet you when collecting the camera rucksack from you. My son has really uses it with college, and the Welsh Rally was a real test (rain/mist/fog) - Kept the kit safe and dry.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
We just watched NW tonight on iplayer. The presenters did a good job.
Growing up as a kid it was Stuart Hall, John Monday, David Davis, Winifred Robinson. These local news programs worm their way into your life.
When I lived in the South West it was a different cast, and here too in the East, but these people come in to your home and tell you about the things going on in your patch and they do become part of your furniture, and I mean that in a nice way.

I was first aware of Diane Oxberry when she was Oxers to Simon Mayo. She was bright and bubbly. Then it was always nice to see her on telly at my mums, presenting the weather. She was easy on the eye :wub: and made the job look easy too, and I’ve seen a few local weather presenters too....

And then there’s this unexplainable thing called cancer that can pull the rug from under people in a trice, regardless of who, why and what.

I don’t normally do these RIP threads, but she was always someone who put a smile on my face.
And I didn’t even mention her divine accent.

subaqua

What’s the point
An appreciation of the fragility of one's own existence as she was of a similar age to me.
I used to like "The 8.15 from Manchester" with Oxers on the Boxers

Simon Mayo on R1 breakfast show coined that one. And somebody faced her wrath when he called her Diana “ Don’t call me Dianna”. Loved going back oop north to my dads and seeing her on the telly weather. RIP duck

PaulB

Legendary Member
Our group of runners had some extremely bad news recently about a fatal condition one of our runners has and she's only 19! She remains very bright and cheerful despite all the treatments she's undergoing and she's a smart young lady but for her condition, the chances of her still being with us in five years time is 5-10%. On average, a person with the condition she has can expect to live only 12-15 months and it's the same condition that Mo Mowlem battled. It's bloody rotten because we all know her mother and father very well as they run with us most weeks so we're all doing what we can to remain strong for them. Those of you who watch Look North on the BBC may have seen this family on the programme this week.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
You are doing great. I'm fortunate to meet you when collecting the camera rucksack from you. My son has really uses it with college, and the Welsh Rally was a real test (rain/mist/fog) - Kept the kit safe and dry.
Nice one. And a nice person you are too. Glad you/your son is benefitting from it

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I don’t normally do these RIP threads, but she was always someone who put a smile on my face.
And I didn’t even mention her divine accent.
I am with you on that.
I think its the first RIP that I have actually started but it gave me such a shock to read about it that I felt compelled.....weird innit.

Brains

Legendary Member
Average time from diagnosis is 5 months with pancreatic cancer. It's probably the worst type, very poor prognosis.

My dad was 6 weeks from 'feeling a bit off', diagnosis, funeral.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Our group of runners had some extremely bad news recently about a fatal condition one of our runners has and she's only 19! She remains very bright and cheerful despite all the treatments she's undergoing and she's a smart young lady but for her condition, the chances of her still being with us in five years time is 5-10%. On average, a person with the condition she has can expect to live only 12-15 months and it's the same condition that Mo Mowlem battled. It's bloody rotten because we all know her mother and father very well as they run with us most weeks so we're all doing what we can to remain strong for them. Those of you who watch Look North on the BBC may have seen this family on the programme this week.

Yes,i saw that on the local news yesterday. On my laptop by the way,in case anyone doubts my 'not watched tv in ages'. It was very sad to listen to her dad say how helpless he feels when he can't do anything to save his daughter.

Edit..... I'm getting confused here. I think this is the one,but why would a Liverpool story be in my local paper? https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....-break-after-terminal-brain-tumour-diagnosis/

Last edited:
Top Bottom