RO 77 Shoes = Wet Feet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I once had an Austin 1100 with a big hole in the floor, was it through floor ventilations?

Tom B

Guru
During my first winter of commuting I was using summer shoes.

I basically wrapped them in duct tape... It kept some of the water out, but I.was more interested in keeping out the cold.

I put my feet in bin bags, then in the shoe.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Overshoes are the answer, thin single-layer in summer and thick neoprene in winter. They will make your feet a little sweaty but that's no bad thing because the warm moist environment softens materials and helps the shoes to mould to your feet, as any mountaineer still wearing leather boots will tell you.

S-Express

Overshoes are the answer, thin single-layer in summer and thick neoprene in winter. They will make your feet a little sweaty but that's no bad thing because the warm moist environment softens materials and helps the shoes to mould to your feet, as any mountaineer still wearing leather boots will tell you.
You know that mesh/synthetic uppers don't respond like leather, right?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well some are synthetic leather, which as far as I can see has a sort of fibrous structure and can behave like leather in some ways. I know that when I've bought new cycling shoes it takes a few rides for them to fit snugly to my feet and being encased in neoprene overshoes seems to soften the uppers.

Top Bottom