Road bike cyclists, why don't you nod back?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Hooray.. The penny jar is getting low..and it's a good one too...

stock-illustration-23448922-kerching-pop-art-cartoon-style.jpg
How does the penny jar work? Do you put money in for each post or each time a thread is started?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Surely it won't run to

8 pages.
I think we'll get to 10.

At that point someone will probably start a new thread

Another example this morning, got passed by a miserable git on a racing bike wearing Saxo team jersey, just rode passed me like I didn't exist. In the old days you'd learn riding etiquette by joining a club but nowadays many of the cyclists that you see on racing bikes haven't had this education and the only social interaction they want is on strava or in pretend races.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Another example this morning, got passed by a miserable git on a racing bike wearing Saxo team jersey, just rode passed me like I didn't exist. In the old days you'd learn riding etiquette by joining a club but nowadays many of the cyclists that you see on racing bikes haven't had this education and the only social interaction they want is on strava or in pretend races.
Ha! The op is right then! Lycra cladded roadies are most snobbish!
Because there are no clubs for mounting bikers, nor for old ladies on bso with baskets. We don't need no education! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

U

User6179

Are you joking ?, He is probably the local clubs social secretary ^_^

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I have done a study on this, I am only half a page into my thesis but I see a Phd* looming, this is how it goes:
brand new bike, doesn't matter if it is a mounting bike or a roading bike but you are glad to be out on it so you smile a lot and wave at others you see on bikes who must be feeling just like you. Those that wave back fit into 9 different categories of nice and those that do not only 1 as far as I can tell although there are sub categories including a) Lycra clad and b) bike that cost more than £60.
I am determined to finish this first page before sundown so any increase or insight on the 9 types of nice nodders would speed me along.:cuppa:

Bugger - I didn't see this in time for your deadline.

I had heaps to offer as well.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I got back from Richmond Park at about 7:30 pm after a great traffic-free bimble in the darkness amongst the occasional stag and young deer that get caught in the front light as you go by. I like the Park after dark. At weekends it tends to be utterly rammed with blinged up roadies, but they head home when darkness falls, and when the road empties, its magic. You can do a circuit and only see a dozen cyclists. Imagine my surprise when, having wheezed up Dark Hill, a couple of people on road bikes came alongside and wished me a "Good Evening".
I buried them under the patio.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I got back from Richmond Park at about 7:30 pm after a great traffic-free bimble in the darkness amongst the occasional stag and young deer that get caught in the front light as you go by. I like the Park after dark. At weekends it tends to be utterly rammed with blinged up roadies, but they head home when darkness falls, and when the road empties, its magic. You can do a circuit and only see a dozen cyclists. Imagine my surprise when, having wheezed up Dark Hill, a couple of people on road bikes came alongside and wished me a "Good Evening".
I buried them under the patio.
Good job, well done. That's two less nobbers to disturb my commute.

Top Bottom