Road Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
Hi
So I have had my Roadbike for nearly 2 weeks now but have only done 2 commutes on it.

I am not wanting to go out in the rain and feel more comfortable on the hybrid when the wind is as strong as it is.
Would like to keep my Road Bike in tip top condition too and avoid the wet.

What do you lot think ?

Very rarely use my good bike in the rain, im either on my MTB or old roadie!

The Eighth Man

I have a road bike as my commuter, I have race blades and single sided SPD's. I use it all year round and have no problems, but I do keep my best bike for dry sunny days so I used twice this year.

Downward said:
Hi
So I have had my Roadbike for nearly 2 weeks now but have only done 2 commutes on it.

I am not wanting to go out in the rain and feel more comfortable on the hybrid when the wind is as strong as it is.
Would like to keep my Road Bike in tip top condition too and avoid the wet.

What do you lot think ?
I'm in a similar position, I've only got a short commute 3-5miles so I leave the roadbikes at home and have a cheaper heavy commuter. The only time my roadbikes see the office carpark is when I have a club run straight after work.

jimboalee

Use my old Apollo County for commuting in the wet.

Use my best bike in the fine weather and Audax rides.

Use my bestest, best bike when its baking hot and NO chance of rain.

Use my bestest, bestest, best bike once a year.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
jimboalee said:
Use my old Apollo County for commuting in the wet.

Use my bestest, bestest, best bike once a year.

Are you Santa?

I've only got the one (feeling very inferior now).

Bit dusty, bit crap, probably quite heavy (by modern standards) ancient front sussers and centre pull brakes that squeeeeaaal like a piggy (yes centre pull!!)

no carbon, no discs, nothing special.

does me fine for a 40 mile round commute through old london town

Funk-Meister

Never feel quite as confident in the wet on my road bike and therefore I'm always holding back a bit as regards speed. Are there specific tyres that'll give punc resistance and better grip for road bikes. If not I'll be on my sorts hybrid over the winter months.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I only have my one bike, a lovely racing bike... tooo good for the commute to work.. but, I mainly cycle long distance after work of which a commute bike, am sure, would be no good for.. the better of two evils am sure..

jimboalee

Davywalnuts said:
I only have my one bike, a lovely racing bike... tooo good for the commute to work.. but, I mainly cycle long distance after work of which a commute bike, am sure, would be no good for.. the better of two evils am sure..

Don't believe it.

I did a 100km DIY Audax on my Apollo County. Yes, all 35lb of it.
Went to the caravan site at Eckington. Pretty flat ride though.

Try to finish at 12.5 mph average, and succeed.;)

Top Bottom