road safety

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
andrewsdad

andrewsdad

BMWs aren't driven much worse than anything else, currently, on my route at least.

Audis are so frequently driven appallingly that seeing one driven well is cause for surprise/comment.
My thoughts exactly
The nastiest off I ever had was caused by a driver who decided to enter a roundabout through my back wheel.

If she'd waited just a fraction of a second longer, it wouldn't have happened at all.
I've had that with a guy in a BMW pull out from a junction a nano second i was riding past him fortunately I was able to control the bike.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Hmmm.... let me think about this for a nano-second, aah, yes:

1. Black BMWs
2. Dark shade black BMWs
3. Light shade black BMWs

I may also have forgotten to mention other black BMWs as well.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yeah, Range Rooneys annoy me too, especially those pointless Evoque things, most of which are 2we anyway.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Come to think of it apart from X5's you may have a point.
Funny enough, one of the best "regulars" on my commute is an X5 - top driver.

They're not too bad on my route, in general - although One series drivers appear convinced that their vehicle is far narrower than it actually is, judging by the room they give on overtaking.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I'm amazed there's 5 pages to this thread and no one has mentioned Mercedes drivers:eek: . Like Range Rover drivers who I rate as 2nd worst they have that justified sense of entitlement and expectation that other road users should simply make way, like they are some kind of road royalty. Many drivers of these chintzy yet dull euroboxes also don't seem to know how big their cars are, if you're not aware of where the 4 corners of you panza are in relation to others on the road, you should'nt be driving, and no just because you're a doctor does'nt mean your god awful driving is forgiven, breathe.....oh and BMW's drivers are 3rd, though ironically they think they are the best drivers out there.

Clanghead

And it's always silly little 3 series, drivers of the German Mondeo, The proper bimmer drivers aren't half so bad.

Hmm, tell that to the driver of a 5 series BMW who decided 12 inches was sufficient clearance when overtaking me at a pedestrian pinch point last night. :angry:

Top Bottom