road safety

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrewsdad

Hi guys,
I love to get out round the country roads for a long ride, I feel a lot safer than town roads, it got me thinking what car owners are the most dangerous to cyclists, my top 3 are at no. 3 ...... Vectras
2....... Audi's
1......... B.M.W's
Ive had some very hairy moments thanks to these three. Love to know what you think.

Drago

Legendary Member
Audi's are my number 1.

Then MINIs.

Then small hatchbacks driven by young females.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Any owner with a car with 4 wheels, who doesn't ride a bike, or who has an OH, who rides a bike.
I used to think Audi drivers were c*cks, but have had close calls with many other makes.
Can't even judge based on being hit as one was a Fiat and the other was a Citroen people carrier. Although thé common factor there was both male drivers.

matiz

Guru
Down here it old guys wearing flat caps and hearing aids driving small hatchbacks at 23mph totally oblivious to everything around them till wifey riding shotgun elbows them to wake them up give me boy racers any day

andyfraser

Über Member
I find dangerous drivers drive all sorts of cars. There's one specific idiot who drives a BMW Z4 like he's on a race track but without any of the skill. He's dangerous to all road users, not just cyclists.

vickster

Legendary Member
1) Black cabs
2) decorated Black cabs
3) differently decorated Black cabs

= 1st, 2nd, 3rd are London buses, single decker, double decker, triple decker (if they existed)

OP
OP
andrewsdad

andrewsdad

Any owner with a car with 4 wheels, who doesn't ride a bike, or who has an OH, who rides a bike.
I used to think Audi drivers were c*cks, but have had close calls with many other makes.
Can't even judge based on being hit as one was a Fiat and the other was a Citroen people carrier. Although thé common factor there was both male drivers.
Taxis :ph34r:
Black taxis :ph34r::ph34r:
Work vans (of any colour) :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Good point I forgot work vans absolutely psycho's

Doesn't matter what car it is, all I have to see is the fist at 12 o'clock on the wheel to know it's going to get interesting.
Then there's the van men with a limp wrist on top of the wheel, even using their hands to steer is too much effort.

Top Bottom