Roadies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It doesn't matter if you ride double, triple, compact or fixed as long as we all stay united against the real enemy, those bloody hub geared riding bastards!

N.B The fact that I have everything but a hub geared bike has no bearing on that opinion ;)

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It doesn't matter if you ride double, triple, compact or fixed as long as we all stay united against the real enemy, those bloody hub geared riding bastards!

N.B The fact that I have everything but a hub geared bike has no bearing on that opinion ;)

LMAO :smile:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Good link Dayvo. That'll show 'em.
whistling.gif

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I only use the granny ring for them monster climbs. For flats and normal climbs I am on the middle chain ring and descents on the top. I have a 52 x 42 x 30 crank set and Shimano HG-50, 8-speed, 13-26 cassette. So, I do have my pretty big gears, top speed so far on My Specialized Allez is 42mph and I believe it could go a lot faster than that.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I only use the granny ring for them monster climbs. For flats and normal climbs I am on the middle chain ring and descents on the top. I have a 52 x 42 x 30 crank set and Shimano HG-50, 8-speed, 13-26 cassette. So, I do have my pretty big gears, top speed so far on My Specialized Allez is 42mph and I believe it could go a lot faster than that.
Gears are there to be used :smile:

What type of dog was Simba? I know how painful losing a 4 legged companion can be :cry:

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
He was an Alsatian/border collie cross, such a lovely dog and was very loyal, his love was unconditional too. He is my avatar.

Cardiac

Über Member
Having just completed my first Road Bike ride I think I understand this. It "seems" as though riding a road bike takes far more concentration than riding a MTB. I can easily wave when I am on the MTB but I was loath to do any more than indicate when on the road bike. Also the average speed is faster so thinking time is reduced. Or maybe I just have a lot to learn :smile:

Does this mean that since I ride a road bike I've been saying Hello!, Evening! or whatever when I should not have? :blush:

Top Bottom