Roadside camping in Morzine, July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SDF64

Has anyone been in Morzine when the tour has been on?

A few of us are heading across that way in July to catch the stage up to Avoriaz and are planning on camping by the roadside. I’ve already checked out the local campsites and they’re all fully booked (no surprise there).

The plan is to camp close to the bottom of the Pleney ski lift as apparently there are public toilets close by. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers

Mooster

I've been to Morzine quite a few times, and never seen anyone camping out at the bottom of the Pleney. I've never been during the Tour though so it may be different at that time. The bottom of the Pleney is also the end of one of the downhill mountain bike runs and can get quite busy with people milling around that grassy area. Also heard quite a few horror stories of people getting bikes stolen - so be wary. Having said that its a cracking place for riding - on and off road and I love going there.

In the past I have used a campsite in St Jean d'Aulpe (camping le solerey), a couple of miles down the road, which has had pitches available when the campsites in Morzine and Les Gets were full.

Top Bottom