Robjh's wee tour of the Highlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
When I stayed in the Manchester youth hostel earlier this year I didn't have photo Id with me but they accepted my bank card (I had already paid online). I can't believe you were turned away that's terrible.

Hope you can continue your trip :smile:
I've been looking and a few actually say 'photo ID required' 'eg. the one at Fort William, so I won't be staying there tonight

TrishE

Über Member
I've been looking and a few actually say 'photo ID required' 'eg. the one at Fort William, so I won't be staying there tonight
I phoned the YHA beforehand and was told my bank card would be ok but maybe Scottish association is different.

OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
I'm back on the road thanks to Nevis Cycles at Fort William, who sold me a new wheel. The hub was well and truly, grindingly, knackered.
So I'm goinng to head back to Mallaig and pick up my trail, with only about a day lost.
The train ride from Mallaig to FW was magnificent, and now I want to see some of those sandy beaches from bike level.

View from Mallaig hostel this morning
20160804_085001.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hope you're OK Fab Foodie.
Fine thanks! Just had some family admin stuff to do that couldn't really wait .... No big deal.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm back on the road thanks to Nevis Cycles at Fort William, who sold me a new wheel. The hub was well and truly, grindingly, knackered.
So I'm goinng to head back to Mallaig and pick up my trail, with only about a day lost.
The train ride from Mallaig to FW was magnificent, and now I want to see some of those sandy beaches from bike level.

View from Mallaig hostel this morning View attachment 137710
Malls if looks bustling compared to places I've been! Good to hear that you're on your way. Hoorah for Nevis Cycles!

View from Mallaig hostel this morning View attachment 137710

Late to the thread but I would have recommended Nevis Cycles, so all's well that ends well.

Top Bottom