Room 101

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
He was persuaded to change the title because it was too much like it, real life, at the time

That's rationing for you!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I bet every 4th - 6th year English Teacher wishes it and Animal Farm was banned outright though, the amount of crap essays they will need to read from kids who think they are being REAlLY original! :giggle:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
That and Twelth Night were the two covered at school.
Twelth Night, you'd a male dressed up as a female. Then acting the part of a male whilst still acting the part of the female.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Men who wave their willies around in the communal shower.

And no, I 'm not in the least bit jealous, nor do I have any suppressed homosexual desires :ohmy:

Not that there's anything wrong with latent homosexual tendencies I might add, I just don't have any -
is that clear. :reading:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I probably will read it eventually. Think I've seen a film anyway

There' s a good case to be made that it's the greatest modern novel, an even stronger case that it's the most important. I read it at one sitting - first dozen pages I thought "ho hum?" but then I was hooked. Orwell is a terrific writer and his non-fiction is also superb : Wigan Pier, Down and Out, Catelonia etc

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
That and Twelth Night were the two covered at school.
Twelth Night, you'd a male dressed up as a female. Then acting the part of a male whilst still acting the part of the female.

Just a normal day for you then?

And no, I 'm not in the least bit jealous, nor do I have any suppressed homosexual desires :ohmy:

Not that there's anything wrong with latent homosexual tendencies I might add, I just don't have any -

DAMN, will have to try harde..... Get a better plan!! :giggle:

Incidentally, where are these showers?? :laugh:

stephec

Legendary Member

Sorry Joshua, I didn't mean to clip the end of your nose with it. :smile:

Top Bottom