Rose Xeon CDX 3100 Di2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Curto80

Huw I would just go for it mate.

I recently upgraded from a perfectly fine Xeon CRS to the Xlite Team Di2. Made a couple of changes to the spec including swapping out the mavics for dura ace c24s.

Spent last weekend riding it up Stwlan Dam, Great Dun Fell and Bealach na Ba and all I can say it's a bloody brilliant machine. Love Rose bikes and the Xlite team is the pick of the bunch.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Rose had a copy of your bike on their stand at the NEC @AndyJ14, lovely looking bike it is too. Totally unrivalled in the VFM stakes and like you say very rare. What is there not to like...

From a personal point of view the Canyon ultimate looked lovely in the flesh too but it's gonna have to be the X lite Team for me I think. Just need to convince myself of spending 2.5k on a bike when I have a perfectly good one as it is!
Come on Huw, you know you want to :okay:

huwsparky

Über Member
Huw I would just go for it mate.

I recently upgraded from a perfectly fine Xeon CRS to the Xlite Team Di2. Made a couple of changes to the spec including swapping out the mavics for dura ace c24s.

Spent last weekend riding it up Stwlan Dam, Great Dun Fell and Bealach na Ba and all I can say it's a bloody brilliant machine. Love Rose bikes and the Xlite team is the pick of the bunch.
Thanks for the reassurance! Funnily I was thinking of swapping out the wheels for the C24's also, mostly because the Mavic's are supposed to be harsh but also because I can spec 25mm tyres from the factory.

What size did you go for? How tall are you? Both Rose chaps at the NEC put me down as aa 55 cm (5' 8.5) but when I e-mailed Rose (Germany) they suggested aa 53cm. Just want to make sure I get the right one!

OP
OP
AndyJ14

AndyJ14

Rose had a copy of your bike on their stand at the NEC @AndyJ14, lovely looking bike it is too. Totally unrivalled in the VFM stakes and like you say very rare. What is there not to like...!

That's good to know and very interesting, thanks for the heads up. I normally feel that the CDX is still the black sheep compared to the more mainsteam bikes. The fact Rose had one on the stand shows they must be more popular than I thought. More popular being a loose term when I've never seen another 1 ;-)

If it helps with sizing I'm 5'10 with 83 inside leg. I went for 57cm and fits perfectly. Of course there's always a trend to choose a smaller frame size and raise the saddle for that "Pro" look !

martinclive

Über Member
Hi - sorry to be late to the thread - but really interesting to hear the experience.

I bought a Rose RS pro carbon a couple of years ago and had some similar experiences.
The Bad
Brake hood through the outside of the packaging - fortunately no damage but very poor packing. It also came with one 23mm and one 25mm tyre fitted and the wrong cassette (12-25 vs the 11-28 specified)
The Good
Contacted Rose and they sent me a tyre and a cassette by return and no need to return the others - so that was a bonus
I love the bike - light fast and comfortable and no issues until a broken spoke a few months back

So overall worked out well - but for a company doing internet sales, the incorrect spec and poor packaging were surprising - but I would buy again in a heartbeat

huwsparky

Über Member
Hi - sorry to be late to the thread - but really interesting to hear the experience.

I bought a Rose RS pro carbon a couple of years ago and had some similar experiences.
The Bad
Brake hood through the outside of the packaging - fortunately no damage but very poor packing. It also came with one 23mm and one 25mm tyre fitted and the wrong cassette (12-25 vs the 11-28 specified)
The Good
Contacted Rose and they sent me a tyre and a cassette by return and no need to return the others - so that was a bonus
I love the bike - light fast and comfortable and no issues until a broken spoke a few months back

So overall worked out well - but for a company doing internet sales, the incorrect spec and poor packaging were surprising - but I would buy again in a heartbeat
Nice to hear experiences further down the line as it were. I guess to absolutely nullify the packaging issue, you don't buy from abroad but that's the risk we're willing to take I guess.

shanta

Regular
Been looking at getting my next upgraded ride since March now as I have a strict 2k budget and want to get the best best bike I can for my money. Must say I keep coming back to tne Rose x lite though (plus I want stealth black) and I have not yet heard any negative reviews or posts on forums about them. Hoping to sort a test rode we Finlay get the new demo fleet in Jan. In the meantime it would be nice to see a few pics of riders Roses...Merry Christmas all.

My Rose 2014 CRS 3100 Di2 fitted with wheels and tyres for commuting.

Attachments

• 13.9.2015.jpg
    13.9.2015.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
AndyJ14

AndyJ14

There's a lot of pictures of mine posted already and it's very stealthy Black. Slightly over the 2k, but not much...

marcof11

There's a lot of pictures of mine posted already and it's very stealthy Black. Slightly over the 2k, but not much...
Hi Andy, I have been reading your review . It all sounds good. Are you still enjoying it ?
I am going for a Rose X-Lite CDX 8800 myself. No delivery date yet, but I am hoping end of January..
How long did you have to wait for yours?
Was the total weight within spec or a bit more of what they say?

Top Bottom