Rossendale Pendle Witches Vintage Velo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crimmey

Thx for heads up, will deffo be interested in this one. I know the start area well but not really been any further North. I like rides I haven't done before.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
amrushton said:
You could also do the North-WestPassage audax in Feb (200km) or the shorter 120km version. Both from Rochdale.
I did the mini-NWP last year with a bunch of fellow CC members (blog report here) and I am going to do the same this year, providing that we get a break from the snow and ice!

If I do it, I'll be riding to Rochdale beforehand and back to Hebden Bridge afterwards taking the distance up to 104 miles (167 km). If anybody fancies joining me to get a century ride in early in the year let me know and we can arrange to meet up.

By the way, the information for the Pendle event is to be found here. I could ride to the start, do the event, then ride home again. It might well tempt me, again subject to having decent weather.

The 'trial' takes in some nice climbs - Padiham Heights, Nick O'Pendle and Waddington Fell are always fun.

Crimmey - you must try to get up to the Forest of Bowland a few times this year - it's a really great place to cycle. I always organise at least a couple of rides out there from Hebden Bridge every year (or meet up in Whalley if you want a shorter ride).

ColinJ

amrushton said:
You could also do the North-WestPassage audax in Feb (200km) or the shorter 120km version. Both from Rochdale.
I did the mini-NWP last year with a bunch of fellow CC members (blog report here) and I am going to do the same this year, providing that we get a break from the snow and ice!

If I do it, I'll be riding to Rochdale beforehand and back to Hebden Bridge afterwards taking the distance up to 104 miles (167 km). If anybody fancies joining me to get a century ride in early in the year let me know and we can arrange to meet up.

By the way, the information for the Pendle event is to be found here. I could ride to the start, do the event, then ride home again. It might well tempt me, again subject to having decent weather.

The 'trial' takes in some nice climbs - Padiham Heights, Nick O'Pendle and Waddington Fell are always fun.

Crimmey - you must try to get up to the Forest of Bowland a few times this year - it's a really great place to cycle. I always organise at least a couple of rides out there from Hebden Bridge every year (or meet up in Whalley if you want a shorter ride).

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Colin, from looking outside today it looked as if there's been hardly any snow recently. The rain got most of it.

ColinJ

I'm staying off my bike until the roads have been clear for at least a couple of days because there are always little shaded cold spots where black ice can catch you out, especially on the little ungritted country lanes that I like to ride.

I haven't left the house today, but last night when I walked to the shops the slushy ice here was pretty treacherous. There doesn't seem much left now though down here in the valley.

It's funny how mild 2 degrees C feels after weeks of sub-zero conditions!

ColinJ

I'm staying off my bike until the roads have been clear for at least a couple of days because there are always little shaded cold spots where black ice can catch you out, especially on the little ungritted country lanes that I like to ride.

I haven't left the house today, but last night when I walked to the shops the slushy ice here was pretty treacherous. There doesn't seem much left now though down here in the valley.

Garz

Squat Member
ColinJ said:

Agreed, its been about 4-5 degrees and I popped out in just a t-shirt.. :blush:

How long is the original event andy?

Garz

Squat Member
ColinJ said:

Agreed, its been about 4-5 degrees and I popped out in just a t-shirt.. ;)

How long is the original event andy?

Top Bottom