Rossendale Pendle Witches Vintage Velo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Earliest I've been up in a while, should be a good ride, weather seems good.

Rammylad

Well done to the organisers. This was a good, testing route, friendly efficient staff, well sign posted, and decent snacks in Dunsop Bridge. Also, a goodly sum raised for charity I suspect.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Rammylad said:
Well done to the organisers. This was a good, testing route, friendly efficient staff, well sign posted, and decent snacks in Dunsop Bridge. Also, a goodly sum raised for charity I suspect.:thumbsup:

+1

Was a good ride, beautiful roads and great staff.

Most of the time I was on my own, I seemed to catch people up on some hills to later lose them on descents, so the headwind was a real bugger for me.

About minutes into it I had a problem with my new cleats, usually it would take 10 minutes but because my hands were cold it took about 40 minutes. A short while after I got a puncture. Near the end I read the instructions wrong and turned the wrong way which added a 10mile loop to the ride until I eventually caught up to some other riders and tagged along with them. Not even a mile away from the Pub my cleat got stuck on a red light which ended up in me falling, breaking my computer mount and injuring a few parts.

But overall I enjoyed it alot, loved the roads, the climbs, the company, and pretty much everything else bar the bad things.

Oh and Colin that hill out of Sebden is a bloody tuff one, when I saw it when I was entering Sebden it scared me.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
aJohnson said:
Oh and Colin that hill out of Sebden is a bloody tuff one, when I saw it when I was entering Sebden it scared me.
It does kick up, the old Nick o' Pendle, doesn't it! :thumbsup:

To be honest, I'd been half thinking if we get to Sabden with time to spare on the way to meet PaulB next Sunday that we could do a little detour over that climb and ride round to Spring Wood, Whalley via Pendleton. I've never been that way before.

I'm sorry to hear about your fall, but glad you weren't badly hurt. I always have my pedals set to minimum release tension to avoid that happening. Oh, and always make sure your cleat bolts are tight - I had one drop out once and then the cleat came loose and I couldn't unclip.

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
I think I saw quite a few of the people who were taking part in this passing the other way to me in the Rishton area, I was the lone cyclist in a yellow DHB top, red helmet, with black bibs on riding a black Ribble, I nodded and said hello to a few.

I had just come back from heading over the Grane Road from the Helmshore direction with a full on headwind, lucky for those that were taking part it would have helped heading from the Blackburn way. I forgot completely that this was on as I would have taken part seen as though it is all around my neighbourhood. ;-(

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Waddington Fell was also a good climb. Wouldn't mind doing Nick o' Pendle again.

Yeah the fall wasn't that bad, hurt a bit after but it was at the end of the route anyway. My cleats are very tight, that was part of the problem that I fixed at the start, will adjust the tension later :smile:

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

@Sysagent, I may have seen you, I was in my Castelli black gear and my new red, black and grey Met helmet.

Ya' need to check the forums more so you don't miss out on such rides. I've been up Grane road before, bit too busy for my likings.

Garz

Squat Member
aJohnson said:
Ya' need to check the forums more so you don't miss out on such rides. I've been up Grane road before, bit too busy for my likings.

I went over it couple of times lately, once it was really misty and I did get squeaky bum so went fast just to get it over with quicker. :reading:

Crimmey

I did this one, lots of lovely climbs. Quite a good turn out. I regretted rejecting the chips peas pie and gravy though!

Top Bottom