Rossendale Pendle Witches Vintage Velo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm interested. Got a couple of pals who will come along too.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Rammylad said:
Can any of you guys tell me what the climb is like out of Sabden upto the Nick?

I've been told it's not too steep (Not > 15%) but pretty long for its steepness..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
aJohnson said:
I've been told it's not too steep (Not > 15%) but pretty long for its steepness..
Sorry, but I'm sure that it gets steeper than that! :evil:

I think that it is slightly easier from the Sabden side but I reckon it hits close to 20% in places. The Clitheroe side has a section at about 25%.

Here's a picture of the climb up from Sabden taken from Padiham Heights (Black Hill).

nick-o-pendle-sabden.jpg

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

ColinJ said:
Sorry, but I'm sure that it gets steeper than that! :evil:

I think that it is slightly easier from the Sabden side but I reckon it hits close to 20% in places. The Clitheroe side has a section at about 25%.

Here's a picture of the climb up from Sabden taken from Padiham Heights (Black Hill).

nick-o-pendle-sabden.jpg

Oh my mistake, I was judging it from a friend and checked on a course creator (Those things are never right).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
aJohnson said:
Oh my mistake, I was judging it from a friend and checked on a course creator (Those things are never right).
Hmm - I've just checked on my mapping software and according to that it only averages 11%, but there are loads of chevrons on the OS map so it must be over 14% in quite a few places. Whatever the numbers are - it's a tough little climb.

Rammylad

That's exactly it, the climb is sandwiched in between the climb to Padiham heights and that of Waddington Fell! A tough day out in store i think. Thanks for your comments guys, and, the fantastic picture. I feel a reckie coming on before I subject my knees to the full flavour.

Happiness Stan

Why call it a 'vintage' ride and then fail to say what the reqirements are? Do you HAVE to ride a vintage bike and if so how old must it be?

Top Bottom