Rossendale Pendle Witches Vintage Velo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Happiness Stan said:
Why call it a 'vintage' ride and then fail to say what the reqirements are? Do you HAVE to ride a vintage bike and if so how old must it be?

From what I've read you don't have to, but they'd prefer it if you did.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Quoted from entry sheet: " Wanted classic and vintage cycles up to very early 1990s, modern cycles also welcome"

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

I think I may have used the turbo once or twice. But I've had A level exams so I have been focusing on them. Hopefully I'll get out on Saturday. My new pump arrived today, just awaiting new tyres now.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Garz said:
No ridden at all this year andy?

Just went on a ride then, it wasn't good.

I got on the bike, cycled up my road and onto a slight hill and it felt like I was flying, really easy to hit a good speed and felt really in control of my bike (a slight movement made it tilt).

Then a few miles up Turton road, my saliva felt thick and my teeth were hurting a bit. A bit further up and I got really bad cramp in my right leg, and I had to stop. I decided to turn back. I got cramp in my right leg a little bit on and had to stop. Near my house going up a slight hill I had to stop again because of cramp in my left leg (really bad, couldn't bend it whatsoever). Then I managed to get home.

So not the best first ride.

Garz

Squat Member
Oh dear mate, sounds like poor pre-ride nutrition or over-exerting yourself and need to gradually build up the riding again. Maybe pick a flat first 30 minutes so you get to warm up before tackling any steep hills.

Good luck in your exams btw!

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Well, only 1 week to go.

Garz

Squat Member
Got many training rides in buddy?

Did the rake today, wasn't that bad, and I did a fifty on saturday to begin upping the distance. Felt strong on the last part and managed a freaky fast 35mph on the flat albeit with a tailwind.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Garz said:
Got many training rides in buddy?

Did the rake today, wasn't that bad, and I did a fifty on saturday to begin upping the distance. Felt strong on the last part and managed a freaky fast 35mph on the flat albeit with a tailwind.

Done alot of turbo. Plan on getting out as much as possible now it's easter holidays, though still got alot of A2 work and the weather looks somewhat disappointing, may even try the rake, I always used the flat bit to recover :biggrin:

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Garz said:
Not on the rake silly, the flat a6 on way home!

Ah my mistake, I was a bit surprised when I read it. Wanted to go out today but it was raining cats and dogs so decided to catch up on all the sleep I missed out on when doing my coursework last week.

Top Bottom