Royal Mail workers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The posties around my area drive their own cars to a central point in their Walks, two to a car, usually, and fan out from there. I guess they are able to claim mileage.
I wonder if the cars are insured for business use, not just SD&P

postman

Legendary Member
what did you do with the extra time?
You got back to the office quicker,longer meal break.

postman

Legendary Member
That has been going on all of the time.Saving themselves time,they better have insurance.There was always too sides to using your own car,could more duties be put in to the office if it was proved you needed more time.But it wasn't considered all the hassle,i used to use my motorscooter if i had to wait for a slower bunch of posties,they took you out four or five at a time to your starting points,thats why i got a walk that began a few streets from the office,no waiting.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Great thread: a little peek under the covers, and a snapshot of how we feel about society, in a way. We like being connected, and these services are part of that.
Many great nights had with mates who went from school to RM: they had their own social club which put on great bands and had subsidised ale!
Helen, my post woman, is our rural van round stalwart, and has been for 25 years. She cares about doing the job right, and looks out for everyone. Even forgiving years back when my working terrier got loose from its kennel! But that’s another story.
Back again in my thinking to localness, and cohesion, which keeps community thriving.
As for the OP, ive no advice. I could teach you to be a waller, and that would get you outside. More to lift but not as far to walk, generally.:hello:

We’ve got two postie. A lovely lady does the walking round while a lovely gentleman does the parcel round in the van. Once he has finished his parcels he often swings back round and helps his partner in crime finish her round off. They are out in all weathers and always smiling, we try to keep our parcel deliveries to one day a week all on the same day, hopefully it is a little sigh of relief when they drop at our house.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It was mentioned earlier but the overtime available at Christmas was legendary. It was quite easy to double your take home (£125 a week at the time) by working all the hours available. You'd work from about 5am until 9 or 10 at night for up to two weeks.

Top Bottom