Royal Mail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ali, why don't you swap houses with the chap 3 streets away? That way you'll each get the correct post ;)

DRHysted

Guru
For the past 15 years, I have complained consistently to Royal Mail about it delivering mail to me that is destined for the same numbered house in three different neighbouring streets. I have given up trying: I have no evidence that Royal Mail cares in the slightest.

We used to get similar with a road further on the posties route. For a while we’d take their mail round to them, then we started handing the incorrect post back to the postman the next day saying “this isn’t ours”. Haven’t had mail for that address for quite a while now, so maybe he got the message.

Smudge

Veteran
I order quite a lot of stuff online. IME the worst courier is Yodel, they are the pits.
I'm waiting for a delivery today and was filled with total dismay when i found out it would be delivered by Yodel. It may turn up, it may not. It may even be delivered to a different address. Could be damaged where the warehouse staff have played football with the parcel. The driver may not have even attempted delivery, but marked it down as no one home, and lied through their sorry arse they left a card.
Anything is possible with these incompetent jokers.

classic33

Leg End Member
I order quite a lot of stuff online. IME the worst courier is Yodel, they are the pits.
I'm waiting for a delivery today
and was filled with total dismay when i found out it would be delivered by Yodel. It may turn up, it may not. It may even be delivered to a different address. Could be damaged where the warehouse staff have played football with the parcel. The driver may not have even attempted delivery, but marked it down as no one home, and lied through their sorry arse they left a card.
Anything is possible with these incompetent jokers.
Update required

U

User6179

Next doors 10 stone mastiff is sometimes in the front garden and if its not the usual postie that knows the dog then their mail is put through my letterbox.

byegad

Legendary Member
I used to get a knock on the door at 6pm with the guy from the same number house in the next street over with mail the stupid postman had put into his house. He complained bitterly, I complained bitterly and repeatedly and the idiot postman still did it. We moved 3 yrs ago thinking we had a chance of getting less stupid postie. 2nd day in the new house there's the same numptie postman on the door step. He'd been transferred !

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
As a former R.M employee. I always made sure to deliver my letters and parcels to the right address. I cant speak for anyone else.

I hate parcel force with a passion after they left my new wheels they were supposed to be delivering in someone's front yard an entire block away. This person had my wheels for a whole week before dropping off to me.

When i chased R.M up about it, they had no idea who signed for it yet had it marked off that it had been signed for.

Nobody knocked on my door and I was at home the entire day

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Depends where you live I suppose. I have no problems and I usually ask for anything to be sent RM or Parcelforce. Even if the address on a package is wrong I still get it promptly. In a small community the post knows everybody anyway.

Smudge

Veteran
Putting aside the useless service that is a part of all parcel couriers to varying degrees, i have some sympathy for RM posties. Where once they were on push bikes with their mail, now i see them pushing a double bin trolley cart. Prob not far off for RM management to give em mail rucksacks as well to add to their load.

Top Bottom