Royal wedding free zone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Yeah, but their flag's a big plus.

lost me there Tim.

*Cough*
switzerland-flag-std_1.jpg

perplexed

Guru
Mm perplexed.

I don't think you can claim the queen is "boss".

It is a constitutional monarchy remember.

A long long time ago one had their head chopped off.

She's still an unelected head of state in position by accident of birth though, which I think is wrong. It may be ceremonial to a large degree, but it's not really the point in my opinion. I find the cringe-making bowing and scraping to be an embarrassment as we make ourselves subservient.

Oh, wondered if that was it.

Red cross not got a lot to do with Switzerland and its values though.

See ww2 profiteering.

I'm not sure we Brits have much of the moral high ground when it comes to arms profiteering, although I do agree with the point about Switzerland, especially their relationship to the Third Reich and the subsequent feigned nose-holding and finger pointing afterwards, although again, we all did that.

And while we're on the subject, look who is making a lot of money from arms dealing...

Last edited:
Lol Mr Hills. It's a joke for gawd sake.
Jokes have a point punch line.

Don't see one.

Sign of an unfunny jokester - scornful laugh with an "it's a joke" when you don't laugh.

Related to
Line
Blank pause
No but seriously

Comments not aimed at you.
Regards

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Jokes have a point punch line.

Don't see one.

Sign of an unfunny jokester - scornful laugh with an "it's a joke" when you don't laugh.

Related to
Line
Blank pause
No but seriously

Comments not aimed at you.
Regards

The flag is a big plus sign is it not?

A Swiss friend once told me, that when the Austrians wanted a flag they looked at the German one but decided it was too gaudy, but liked the Swiss one, nice and simple with two colours.
But what to have for a design? It couldn't look like the Swiss one, because Austria was clearly superior and couldn't bee seen to be copying.
"No problem," said the Emperor. "They have a plus, we'll use a minus..."

I'll get my coat...

Top Bottom