Royal wedding free zone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I’m no royalist, but the angry abolitionists are pretty naive imo. I think we’ve got the balance of democracy, power and leadership about right here in the UK I don’t want any change to make it more American or French thank you.

Didn't it become a bit more American yesterday?

Tin Pot

Guru
Didn't it become a bit more American yesterday?

Haha. Our democracy? No. :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I’m no royalist, but the angry abolitionists are pretty naive imo. I think we’ve got the balance of democracy, power and leadership about right here in the UK I don’t want any change to make it more American or French thank you.

President May anyone?

Or if she finally cocks it up good and proper, President Corbyn.

Even King Charles would be better than that.

stephec

Legendary Member
William is heir to the throne, so I think his marriage was always going to be bigger in the public mind than Harry's.

From memory that seems very similar to the Charles/Diana and Andy/Fergie weddings.

For the first we had a big street party, for the second I don't remember much fuss.

lane

Veteran
William is heir to the throne, so I think his marriage was always going to be bigger in the public mind than Harry's.

Despite the messy preparation, the wedding itself was another bad day for the bitter, envious, sour-faced abolitionists who are still as far away as ever from getting what they want.

Republican yes. But I don't begrudge people enjoying the wedding - hope thier day was as enjoyable as mine. Certainly in a very small minority and I don't expect that to change in my lifetime.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Other than hoping the couple have a happy marriage, as I hope for all who get married, my interest in the wedding was a glimpse at perhaps how the Royal Family may morph into something different in the future

I didn't watch the ceremony but I can't imagine the courtiers (or whoever it is that controls these things) would have accepted 20 years ago what this particular couple obviously wanted

I doubt the Royal Family will ever be "relevant". But it's nice to see their younger generation making some headway

U

User169

54AA1E83-CCB4-43AE-868D-59C8E1546929.png

Out of interest, can any of the folks who rather proudly told us what they were doing yesterday (and i suspect some watched some of the stuff) tell us if they found anything anything positive in the day's events?

Remember folks, as stated upthread, I am a republican. And would vote for a republic in any referendum.

Despite the messy preparation, the wedding itself was another bad day for the bitter, envious, sour-faced abolitionists who are still as far away as ever from getting what they want.

I always find it odd, if the royalist cause is so secure, why people supporting the monarchy seem to find it necessary to resort to insults about those of us who simply hold a different view.

Last edited:
Yes.

It was glorious for several reasons.

If anyone in the thread can see nowt in that I personally would tend to discount their views as unbalanced.

Edit, a reply to tinpot.

Top Bottom