Royal wedding free zone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I want to thank the OP and everyone contributing to this thread for turning me on to the Royal Wedding and watching it.

It was a really interesting ceremony, I was not expecting the gospel preacher and his fire, love + snapchat rant, and not in a million years did I think I’d hear Ben E King played at a wedding, let alone a royal wedding.

:hugs:
I’ll stand by you!

classic33

Leg End Member
Town this morning to start the process of getting a replacement passport for my wife, it was relatively quiet. Roads were quiet, home, cook a late breakfast for my wife and daughter who came round to watch you know what.
On the bike, 16 miles to get a joint of beef for tomorrow, saw my son, partner and grandkids who were having a imprompu picnic by the river so stopped for a chat.
Washed the windows, cut the grass, trimmed some bushes and pottered around.
A gòod day.
Worth it?

Reactions: gbb

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
IMG_20180519_145619.jpg
Pub stop towards the end of our imperial century plus - with @Soltydog #obligatorycrapselfie. It was okay everyone I managed to get home in time for the football ...

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Went out with my stepson and covered 34 miles. Surprisingly, there were more people out than I expected. I suppose the sunny weather had something to do with it. I intended to cut the grass after my ride but can't be bothered now, it will have to wait. Maybe tomorrow?

The garden centre was surprisingly busy just now, I thought all the old folks would be at home watching telly. No such luck.

I wonder if all the 'excitement' isn't being overblown by the media desperate to make people think there's more interest than is in fact the case.

classic33

Leg End Member
You'd be surprised how many people say 'but you won't be able to just go to Europe once we leave''

So what ? I say....so we'll have to pay a visa or entry charge...or something, it's not going to stop me travelling.
You weren't swapping one for the other then?

Reactions: gbb

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It was as busy as any other Saturday when I set off this morning, but it noticeably quietened off in the roads from about 11am - which was fine by me. ^_^

U

User6179

Never watched any of it, wondering if anyone attending had a bum?

Top Bottom