Royal wedding free zone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
I put up a shelter for my hammock. I intend to live in it all summer.
20180519_165717.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
I put up a shelter for my hammock. I intend to live in it all summer. View attachment 410070
Down and packed away on Tuesday then.

lane

Veteran
Spot on it is Beacon Hill. I often cycle up that way but don't normally go up into the country park. I had my lad with me today and thought it would be nice for him to see how high he was and where he had come from. I'm glad we did because its a great viewpoint. Certainly didn't have it to ourselves today wedding notwithstanding - it was quite busy.

Reactions: TVC

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's sad that people have nothing better to do than look at two people they don't know get married.:wacko:
Sad that people have nothing better to do than watch a bunch of cyclist they don't know racing over mountains, or perhaps sad that people watch 22 men they don't know playing football?

Just because you are not interested (Like myself) there's nothing "Sad" about those who are.

Old jon

Guru
By ‘eck, I love this place. Heaved the aching body from bed this morning, my girlfriend and her daughter ( at the tail end of a ten day visit ) were watching that event and having an absurd hat competition. This did not hinder breakfast and the living of a normal life. When the hat thing ended our lass asked if I would like to go shopping. In England the answer might have been less than polite, but shopping here is different. And maybe worth more words than I will spend on it today.

After the last shop we are driving roughly homewards, then my better half took a left turn and pointed the car towards Cacupe, one of the many beaches around here. I am not sure if this is just a name for the beach or a separate town. Anyway, ‘ Do you fancy lunch?’ Yup, so the three of us chose a table at the side of the beach, with a view of downtown Florianopolis and its hills across the bay. A few clouds, gentle breeze, and the waiter delivers beers and a menu. Wonderful! Food was ordered, a crab each for us and a non food item for the youngest. OK, ready to enjoy, and here is the waiter again. With a shot glass of chachaca, a local, rather potent drink which I have tested . . .

I emptied the glass, call it an aperitif if you like. Not sure if it had been ordered, my Portuguese is minimal. The waiter delivered another, then I realised it was a complimentary drink. So many restaurants and cafes around here do just that, a free drink, even before you order in some places. So very civilised. The bill. Two words that can rub the shine off the brightest social occasion, no matter the surroundings. Eleven pounds and five pence. 49.72 reals in the local currency, and I used a 4.5 reals to £1 conversion. And that, unusually here, includes a service charge. Certainly put a big smile on my face.

It's sad that people have nothing better to do than look at two people they don't know get married.:wacko:
now if you think about it derrick you look at/watch oodles and oodles of folk you don't know doing stuff. Unless you spend your days in a concrete box. And you do I assume spend time "watching" and chatting to many many folk on cchat you don't actually know.

Declaration: I should point out that that picture is not me.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I hit the Surrey hills this morning and the roads where empty :okay: cup final and a royal wedding = 3 cyclists on box hill . You're all under the thumb ! :laugh:
Got home thinking i'd missed both events to find out i hadn't but both where not bad .
Might ride out to Windsor tomorrow to see the hangovers :laugh:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
18 million TV watchers yesterday: down from the 24 million who watched William and Kate's wedding.

At this rate there's only 3 more to go and that'll be the end of the fawning, gushing nonsense.

William is heir to the throne, so I think his marriage was always going to be bigger in the public mind than Harry's.

Despite the messy preparation, the wedding itself was another bad day for the bitter, envious, sour-faced abolitionists who are still as far away as ever from getting what they want.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ive had a nice weekend visiting St Albans and a quick look around Harpenden " very nice"
I managed to miss the lot and only saw 15 mins FA cup..that was enough.

Stayed at the Aubrey Park Hotel Redbourn ,not too bad after a room upgrade.
Nice stay if you like a walk and a place out of town.

Most people in St Albans seemed to not be too bothered about the wedding either.

All a load of tv hype

Top Bottom