Rugby World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

It does go on a bit, that's for real. But rugby's a tough game and the players take some pretty hard knocks and need a bit of time to recover. In the pool stage, some of the teams (notably the so-called minnows) where complaining because they had to play 2 matches a week.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Phew!

yello

Close indeed. France never out of it. I think they showed well (better than most predicted) and can be proud.

ABs edging out a tense and nervy encounter.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
It does go on a bit, that's for real. But rugby's a tough game and the players take some pretty hard knocks and need a bit of time to recover. In the pool stage, some of the teams (notably the so-called minnows) where complaining because they had to play 2 matches a week.

I just finished watching NZ and England. The people wearing black beat the English, who strangely had this funny badge with a cock on it.

The pre-match group huddle appeared to last for about 80 minutes and both teams were all part of the same huddle.

Occasionally the huddle dispersed and someone kicked the ball out of the stadium.

What's all that about ?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Well you see, there'll be people who have carefully avoided the news and google so that they can watch the game this afternoon....

Keith Oates

Janner
Well, if they are trying not to see the result until this afternoon opening a thread with the title Rugby World Cup may not be the most sensible thing to do.

For me I was very happy with the result but it was not a good match, too many missed kicks and the game itself was 'scrappy' I've seen the All Blacks play much better than that, their performance against the Aussies for example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Mr Joubert had a bit of a 'mare. Not sure it influenced the outcome in the end but he missed loads of offences and at least 3 high tackles....

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Well, if they are trying not to see the result until this afternoon opening a thread with the title Rugby World Cup may not be the most sensible thing to do.

For me I was very happy with the result but it was not a good match, too many missed kicks and the game itself was 'scrappy' I've seen the All Blacks play much better than that, their performance against the Aussies for example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True... hadn't thought that through at all!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
of course I am disappointed that France lost but they played with pride, passion and honour. They never let the AB get into the game and the result could have gone either way. I think France has done enough to shut up the critics who thought the AB would be all over us and smash us up to pieces. Au contraire, les Bleus played with vigour and nearly caused a big upset.
I also like the way the French team formed an arrow head when the AB were doing their aka and then walked in a line towards them. Great stuff!!
Like a friend of mine texted me from Auckland, NZ is celebrating their relief more than their victory tonight.
Vive les Bleus and roll on the 6 nations.

yello

Mr Joubert had a bit of a 'mare. Not sure it influenced the outcome in the end but he missed loads of offences and at least 3 high tackles....

One French commentator was screaming for a yellow card for a tackle on Tran Duhc (I think) He seemed convinced the ref was going over to the linesman to talk about it! The other commentators weren't really overly concerned. Joubert was well positioned and would have seen it though methinks. I guess he figured it looked worse than it was, certainly it seemed to me that Tran Duhc ducked into it trying to avoid the tackler.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
One French commentator was screaming for a yellow card for a tackle on Tran Duhc (I think) He seemed convinced the ref was going over to the linesman to talk about it! The other commentators weren't really overly concerned. Joubert was well positioned and would have seen it though methinks. I guess he figured it looked worse than it was, certainly it seemed to me that Tran Duhc ducked into it trying to avoid the tackler.

up to the tackler to re-adjust and go lower then. "Work on it in training son, now go and have a sit down." Nothing in the laws excuses a high tackle because the target was ducking. You've fallen under the influence of too many TV pundits I fear.

I've no doubt he saw all of them. Only his assessor will know why he didn't give any, or the reasons for some of his other guessed decisions.

yello

You've fallen under the influence of too many TV pundits I fear.

I don't think so, but maybe. Just seeing the unintentional aspect of it I guess and making allowances where none should be made. I accept entirely what you say as I don't know the rules.

Top Bottom