Rugby World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Will work if they can rotate the first receiver position and leave the opposition guessing

That could make for very interesting watching. Can the normally ponderous England pull something like that off? I'd like to think so!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
That could make for very interesting watching. Can the normally ponderous England pull something like that off? I'd like to think so!

If England can get their lumbering pack moving like the welsh and irish packs we will be in for a treat. They must provide their backs with quick ball if they want to progress.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Wilkinson lays too deep these days for my taste and doesn't back himself as a ball carrier anywhere near enough imo either. Hopefully Flood can jolly him along get him in line and get him playing on the front foot. But if the French backs target Flood they will roll straight over him.

I feel nether Hape nor Bananahands, whilst gifted players at club level, are of the quality required for test matches.... though of the two I think Hape has the potential to do better in the right side.

The prospect of Mr Walsh's lack of empathy for England's style of play, and everything English, is an issue that concerns me, almost as much as the tea-break our boys seem to call at every ruck, whilst they wait for the defence to jog back and get organised.

But I still say England v Ireland for the semi.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Something very similar has been tried before with a reasonable amount of success. For example Flood at 12 and Wilkinson at 10 is similar to the left-right kicking option that was used well in 2003 with Wilkinson and Catt.

IF they move the ball around then having two kickers could be useful, although with Wilkinson's defensive skills and Flood's decision making then I would personally put them the other way round

yello

It's at 5:30am (UK time)?! I'm not sure I can be that bothered!!

Edit: Phew, that's Wales v Ireland.... I can cope with only watching the 2nd half of that!

yello

Nah, I'll just watch the repeat.... and stay off the forum! The game won't change for me not watching it live!

yello

Whooosh! Cracking try, what happened to the defence! All eyes on the man wide perhaps!

yello

They were, weren't they? A good game (well, 2nd half!) not getting to classic status but a good and honest one anyway. It's difficult for me to be truly objective, since I like the Welsh game more than the Irish, but I think Wales deserved that.

I think the Irish are going through a transitional phase, they're not as strong as they were a couple of years back, so they've probably done as well as could realistically expected.

You know, I fancy Wales for the final.

Top Bottom