Running a B and B in UK for cyclists walkers mainly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
https://www.bikeandboot.com
This hotel in Scarborough was recently reviewed in the Guardian. Don't know what it's like but a similar concept to yours

D

Deleted member 26715

This thread took a turn!
It was going so well

MarkF

Guru
"Trial" your business first. Probably around 20 years ago, would be as I HTML coded the site, I set up a "trial" business. Motorbiking in Andalucia, I hosted a site and tried to provide what I would like/want if I was booking, I was inundated with booking enquiries through just 1 advert in MCN which was embarassing a it didn't exist.^_^

Secure storage, tools and space, onward rooms booked etc. There are opportunities, I am amazed at the lack of Leeds/Liverpool synch trips, if I was younger I'd sort one out.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Best B&B I ever stayed in was 'Machrimore' in Wells Next The Sea

1597186486052.png

tom73

Guru
Stay in a few not just bike and walking ones. See what they do and how it works remember just because you do or don't like something others may do. Watch a few programs like hotel inspector and 4 in a bed to get ideas , what others think and pick up ideas. When Staying anyway it's often the little touchers that people remember and make you stand out.
One thing if your doing the outdoor leisure market many will have dogs so you need to dog friendly. Many who are from our experience allow them but are not exactly overly welcoming towards them. You remember placers who do treat them just as good as you.
The main thing is two things have to right the B and B. Get the breakfast right and get a name for going it well and that will get you known more than anything else. Above all remember image is everything and SM matters and you need to use it and do it well.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Stay in a few not just bike and walking ones. See what they do and how it works remember just because you do or don't like something others may do. Watch a few programs like hotel inspector and 4 in a bed to get ideas , what others think and pick up ideas. When Staying anyway it's often the little touchers that people remember and make you stand out.
One thing if your doing the outdoor leisure market many will have dogs so you need to dog friendly. Many who are from our experience allow them but are not exactly overly welcoming towards them. You remember placers who do treat them just as good as you.
The main thing is two things have to right the B and B. Get the breakfast right and get a name for going it well and that will get you known more than anything else. Above all remember image is everything and SM matters and you need to use it and do it well.
The dog friendly bit is a good point. Many walkers will have their dogs with them.

Top Bottom