Running a B and B in UK for cyclists walkers mainly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Sometimes you just gotta throw caution to the wind and give it a go. Fair play to you and good luck. :notworthy:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I believe @welsh dragon and @Mo1959 do weekend turns at a good rate

We are fully booked for the foreseeable future. :laugh:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Been to view today , what wasn't in the pics on estate agents website was a big fook off summer house with secure storage and electric feed. Game changer ,self catering is my idea now , said yup and offer accepted 😁

If you don't mind me asking where will you be located (approx') ?

Self catering a better idea imo.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Been to view today , what wasn't in the pics on estate agents website was a big fook off summer house with secure storage and electric feed. Game changer ,self catering is my idea now , said yup and offer accepted 😁
You'll have to excuse me but the first half of the first sentence sounds very negative. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Good luck with the new life.

I'm still confused about the clientele you're targeting at ? And how will you know who is suitable to stay ?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
One other comment I'd like to make as I feel I might be in your target market - I'm retired, my wife and I like to travel, we walk and I'm an occassional cycle tourist.

Earlier someone mentioned £95pn - we would pay this as a couple, not per person, but it would have to be absolutely top notch, special as it's easy to get good quality for £75/80. The moment I see £95 I think £100 and that is a big turn off. It's a lovely area that we know but I'm not sure it's widely known so your place needs to be a big part of the attraction.

As a couple we expect very good deals for out of season mid-week stays. We've little interest in peak season and there are so many deals out of season it's important to have a very good offer.

As a cycle tourist I want a comfortable bed, good shower, secure storage, track pump, good breakfast and a decent pub within easy reach. £50 would be my target price. All I'm looking to do is eat and sleep. Why would I pay £95 for that?

Apologies if I appear negative, I'm not, but I think it's important to highlight how a potential punter thinks.

screenman

Legendary Member
One other comment I'd like to make as I feel I might be in your target market - I'm retired, my wife and I like to travel, we walk and I'm an occassional cycle tourist.

Earlier someone mentioned £95pn - we would pay this as a couple, not per person, but it would have to be absolutely top notch, special as it's easy to get good quality for £75/80. The moment I see £95 I think £100 and that is a big turn off. It's a lovely area that we know but I'm not sure it's widely known so your place needs to be a big part of the attraction.

As a couple we expect very good deals for out of season mid-week stays. We've little interest in peak season and there are so many deals out of season it's important to have a very good offer.

As a cycle tourist I want a comfortable bed, good shower, secure storage, track pump, good breakfast and a decent pub within easy reach. £50 would be my target price. All I'm looking to do is eat and sleep. Why would I pay £95 for that?

Apologies if I appear negative, I'm not, but I think it's important to highlight how a potential punter thinks.

You just helped me make my point, cyclist often want cheap.

screenman

Legendary Member
All those things would be provided and I aint looking to make loads of money , just supplement my pension , so would be punting in the 50 +/- region

I wish you the best of luck, I have been running my own businesses for 45 years and helping many other start and run their own, one important thing I learned was working out how much it costs to do business. I post a lot on usa pages and one of my questions is how much does it cost you to provide that service, often only those making good money know the answers.

Top Bottom