Running & Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
What's trolling about the post? Sounds about right to me. No freewheeling in running that's for sure.

As a participant in both activities I am with you Mo. Where as I can free wheel down a hill on my bike and get some recovery I actually find running down hill harder than uphill for some strange reason.

And I don't know why if I stop on my bike (for a chat say) I can easily get going again, but when running I have to go from A to B without stopping, once I stop (to cross a road or something) I just can't seem to get going again.

If your user name is a correlation to your birth year we are both of similar vintage so fair play to anyone still running.

I have just crossed into the over 65 section on Strava and getting quite a few age group KOMs now as there appears to be very few runners in that age group.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
If your user name is a correlation to your birth year we are both of similar vintage so fair play to anyone still running.

I have just crossed into the over 65 section on Strava and getting quite a few age group KOMs now as there appears to be very few runners in that age group.
Yep. 62. I sometimes get a bit disappointed in my performance these days both cycling and running, but when you check the age groups on Strava, I am usually reasonably well up the table so I should be happy and just accept it's part of ageing and be glad I'm still out there.

Chislenko

Veteran
Yep. 62. I sometimes get a bit disappointed in my performance these days both cycling and running, but when you check the age groups on Strava, I am usually reasonably well up the table so I should be happy and just accept it's part of ageing and be glad I'm still out there.

I wouldn't worry Mo. I am at about half the running pace now compared to "my prime"

After the amount of my age people we have lost in our village this past couple of years, like you say, just happy that I am still able to be reasonably fit and active

gzoom

Über Member
Not my setup(yet), but I suspect even more 'controversial' on here.

Having now had the bike for 4 weeks, am 100% addicted to a certain indoor cycling brand, and for the same on going monthly cost I can go and buy their indoor running equivalent.

As someone who hates running, despite trying it several times including a very slow half marathon, am intrigued if socially engineered behaviour change tools can help me 'enjoy" it??

a43003e6023d0cb6940aae94f82135a8.jpg

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Not my setup(yet), but I suspect even more 'controversial' on here.

Having now had the bike for 4 weeks, am 100% addicted to a certain indoor cycling brand, and for the same on going monthly cost I can go and buy their indoor running equivalent.

As someone who hates running, despite trying it several times including a very slow half marathon, am intrigued if socially engineered behaviour change tools can help me 'enjoy" it??

View attachment 594555
I bought a new-to-me treadmill last week and I absolutely love it, and Zwift certainly keeps it far more interesting than running on a treadmill without would be. Plus I like the social aspect of it.

Lots of bargain second-hand treadmills available at the minute that people are selling post-lockdown.

Top Bottom