Rutland Water Trike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona N

Veteran
I seem to recall the Rutland water circuit has rather inconvenient gates - slowed me down severely when I was trying to break my friend's record for the circumnavigation by mtb :biggrin: Also in wet weather, the compacted limestone chipping surface is very slippery/muddy in places - especially the steep uphill sections near the water. Not sure I'd want to bother with a trike around there.

marc-triker

Veteran
New, Old, Young we dont go fast anyway well I dont anyway. all are welcome.
Spud

trickletreat

Veteran
Nice one , is March looking good? I can make it on the weekends of 13th, 20th, 27th.
Hope this comes off, any one else with free dates in mind?
Nigel

seanthesheep

HI
Rutland can get busy when the sun shines, and bank hols etc, also worth checking no other events taking place at the same time, would DF bikes be welcome if they are ridden by a trike owners partner?

dataretriever

I'll be there if i'm not working!

squeaker

Über Member
Go for it!

trickletreat said:
Looking good, has anyone triked the route before?
Yes. I was glad to have borrowed my wife's 'T' (she was on her MTB), with its comfy mesh seat and chunky tyres (as opposed to my 'S'). Like most leisure trails, you can do it on a road bike if you're careful on the rough bits (a lot of it is tarmac, some on road). We helped a 'lost' lady on a flat barred 23mm tyred road bike who was not too impressed with the route (nor the signposting!). If you start at the sailing club and go clockwise then you get the rougher stuff out of the way first (the second half is smooth, IIRC).

Both Dawn and myself are up for it.
I think it would be an idea to set aside say 3 weekends as possible dates and then do a final decision when we see the weather forecasts.
It will be quite a spectacle.

Top Bottom