Rutland Water Trike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3tyretrackterry

IMG_0107.jpg

3tyretrackterry

:biggrin:Thank you Arch
theres 1 only 20 more to go:biggrin:

trickletreat

Veteran
markg0vbr said:
yes excellent ride, the bit when people started wondering around the car park saying things like mmmm its red mmm got three wheels, but is that one mine? or that one?

good ride, it is good to see how trike pilots tend to tinker and personalise there trikes.

for the next one might i suggest derwent dam ride around about the same distance and at weekends the road is closed to cars also there is the
http://www.tricycleassociation.org.uk/Event.html?record=dtr497b248f53316&PHPSESSID=c0c59c3f9aad2931b43c4ae623b50cbf

Although it is aimed at traditional/vintage 3 wheelers I am told ANY 3 wheeler is welcome and they are also welcoming tandems [ especially if 3 wheelers ].

Start is at Carlton on Trent it is then 11 miles to lunch stop at Windmill and up to 11 miles back to the start[ depending on route taken ].
Hi Mark,
We are up for a trip round the lakes. The last time I rode a mtb there, was probably 15years ago...I remember some of the surface was good, and other bits rocky. What is it like now for recumbents?

We might do the Windmill run if we are back that weekend.

Mark and Nick, what damage did you both do? Sorry we didn't get back in time to say goodbye, that woman on the df kept holding me up!:biggrin:

marc-triker

Veteran
Brakages mainly down to vibration caused by cattle-grids and speeding over bumps lol. My Classic's stearing rattled loose (had problems with it for a while now due to locking washers not doing there jobs on both sides) these old machines were not ment to take the abuse I throw at them. and Nick had a light bracket snap off and his morror broken off but all can be fixed so all is well. Yes we were told some of you had stopped for a chain breakage. we did hang about for a little while and saw another ice trike being loaded in2 a car when we got back he had traveled from Coventry to test his trike. Nick wrote down web sites for CC and VV so ya never know there maybe a new member joining up.

trickletreat

Veteran
marc-triker said:
Brakages mainly down to vibration caused by cattle-grids and speeding over bumps lol. My Classic's stearing rattled loose (had problems with it for a while now due to locking washers not doing there jobs on both sides) these old machines were not ment to take the abuse I throw at them. and Nick had a light bracket snap off and his morror broken off but all can be fixed so all is well. Yes we were told some of you had stopped for a chain breakage. we did hang about for a little while and saw another ice trike being loaded in2 a car when we got back he had traveled from Coventry to test his trike. Nick wrote down web sites for CC and VV so ya never know there maybe a new member joining up.
Hope it's all easily fixed chaps. Yes there was a broken chain and two punctures, so we stopped for a while, time for a chat.

Was the guy from Coventry called Allen, with heavy plate pedals? If so Kevin at D Tek said he might come along.

marc-triker

Veteran
It may have been him coz he said that he arrived late and missed our start, and 2be honest that baffled us then when he said he didn't know any of the web sites, well We couldn't work out without the web sites / forums how he knew about our little gathering. Nice 1 Kevin 4 free advertising. That's another mystery solved lol.

Yanto63

Thanks to all for allowing me come and play with the Quest or Lozenge, as it has somehow being called!! It wasn't really the best route for one, but hey it survived, and so did I! I wouldn't mind doing a road stint with you all, and show you how it keeps 25-30mph on the flat! you could all draft me - apart from there isn't "void" to hide in!

Seriously thanks for organising, helping me with the odd tight spot, and not laughing too much!

Cheers

Ian

Pedalabit

Veteran
At lunch some of us were watching a bird being buzzed by the local crows, our first thought was a osprey but it had the tail of a red kite. We have found out that there are "white" red kites Link to film at Gigrin Farm so we prusume this is the one. Film

markg0vbr

Über Member
lady bower, if you park on the a57 and ride up the road at the side all the to the end it is 8.6 miles on the way back the first mile is about the same at the track around Rutland water then it improves to a crushed gravel surface, it is not perfectly smooth. for a buzz hammer it back down the gravel( i normally beat the mtb riders back by a long way, plenty of three wheel drifting) or come back along the road, extremely pleasant ride.

i like to ride down from the a57 to castelton up the old whinits pass road(two bits of broken road to lift the trike over) then one of the best downhill runs you will ever ride, the ride around and back from edale is also relaxing.

plantfit

Guru
Rutlandtrikeride004.jpg

Spent most of last night cleaning the Rutland mud off me trike and relived every minute of the ride, good tip for a cleaning bench, place front wheels on a picnic bench/table and the back wheel on a workmate and it's at a nice working height without any bending,(worked for me anyway), once again great ride and even greater company, thanks to you all

Roger

Top Bottom