Rutland Water Trike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trickletreat

Veteran
marc-triker said:
MOTORISED!!!! Isn't that cheating a little? lol.
If you don't take the piss too much, then I'll let you have a go...but not on the uphill bits!:tongue:

n-ick

Yo, this is going to fade away, unless a date and time is set to give people plenty of notice.
Half term's this week, so that's out of the way. Easter's first weekend of April. So that leaves the 4 Sundays in March.
Anyone free in march??

3tyretrackterry

i am free first 3 weekends in march and could possibly get the fourth off work if enuff notice is given transport for myself isnt a problem as i can borrow my FIL's car and i know the trike fits in that.

squeaker

Über Member
trickletreat said:
Thanks for the info squeaker. Carrying a motorised trike at 34kg+ isn't an option for me, so is the alternative much of a pain?
Coming from the north, I suspect not, joining the main road looks easy, as you'll be on the approach to the railway bridge (Google Earth, find Cemetery Road in Manton and follow it up to the point where the railway line crosses the A-road). Coming from the south, up Cemetery Road, IIRC there's a bit of a drop down to the A-road by the bridge, but I can't remember how steep it is :angry: Worst case is you'd need to go back down Cemetery Road and then north up the A-road. The catch with the path is that it narrows as it goes under the railway, IIRC, and there are railings on one side and the railway embankment on the other.
HTH

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
I think if enough add their date preferences, an idea of a suitable date will appear, not going to get everyone at the same time, late March early April sounds like a good start.
Hence my earlier comment, that we required someone in the Logistics Corps to sort a date out.... We can always do a couple of dates... Simples Ay!!!

Cannot make the 28th as I'm doing the FNRttC on the 26-27th.
Legs/knees are going to be knacked.
The 11th of April is better for me.

Luck ............. :becool:

Top Bottom