[S. London] Apex Cycles vs. Brixton Cycles?

Which LBS Should Fit My SKS Mudguards?

• Apex Cycles (Clapham)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brixton Cycles (Brixton)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adasta

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum - wasn't quite sure where to post...

Anyway, which of these would you recommend? I'm looking for someone to fit my SKS mudguards to my Giant hybrid. It's a pain in the arse to do oneself so I think getting the LBS to do it would be preferable.

Brixton Cycles originally quoted me £8 over the phone. However, when I went in to the shop, they said it wold be £12-£15 and that I couldn't leave my bike there since there was no storage. Can't say I was too impressed with that - they could have let me know over the phone! Apex have quoted me about £10 and say they'll do their best to keep it to around that amount. The problem is I have suspension on the front fork and I just know they'll see that and immediately add £5 to the price...

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum - wasn't quite sure where to post...

Anyway, which of these would you recommend? I'm looking for someone to fit my SKS mudguards to my Giant hybrid. It's a pain in the arse to do oneself so I think getting the LBS to do it would be preferable.

Brixton Cycles originally quoted me £8 over the phone. However, when I went in to the shop, they said it wold be £12-£15 and that I couldn't leave my bike there since there was no storage. Can't say I was too impressed with that - they could have let me know over the phone! Apex have quoted me about £10 and say they'll do their best to keep it to around that amount. The problem is I have suspension on the front fork and I just know they'll see that and immediately add £5 to the price...

Ive had dealings with both shops although ive never had any repairs or the like with Brixton Cycles ( they are brilliant every time ive been in there tho ) but Apex have been spot on with prices and the work they have done on my bike.

So at a push ill go with Apex .......

Top Bottom