S3X Fixed Gear 3 Speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh, but that isnt as cool as going past someone and saying "yeh, i've only got one gear and no freewheel, and i still get up this bad ass hill faster":evil:

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
No idea re: the price. Don't think it'll be too steep and hoprefully not too heavy either.

I made a terrible error of judgement disposing of a SA TF many years ago - purchasing the new S3X is penance.

GrahamG

Guru
You know, I'm just not interested in this at all - if I wanted a three speed, I'd just pick up an old 3-speed. The whole reason for riding fixed for me is not having to think about gears. One thing it might appeal for though is touring.

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
GrahamG said:
You know, I'm just not interested in this at all - if I wanted a three speed, I'd just pick up an old 3-speed. The whole reason for riding fixed for me is not having to think about gears. One thing it might appeal for though is touring.

On Dartmoor, I'd like to have the choice!

GrahamG

Guru
Origamist said:
On Dartmoor, I'd like to have the choice!

I can appreciate that - I've been too chicken to take the fixed on a proper hilly 60 miler so far.... although that will change come winter now that I have a bike nice enough to keep away from gritted roads :biggrin:

Greenbank

Über Member
It's for people who think the point of fixed is having to pedal all of the time, but aren't strong enough to get up steep hills and/or don't have the souplesse to descend at 150rpm+.

:sad:

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
Greenbank said:
It's for people who think the point of fixed is having to pedal all of the time, but aren't strong enough to get up steep hills and/or don't have the souplesse to descend at 150rpm+.

:blush:

If you want real souplesse, you should be doing 150rpm+ on the flat...:sad:

Top Bottom