Sainsburys Online shopping warning!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you are expecting a shop today it might not come. I've just had a call from my wife saying they have called. Apparently the whole online system has been down since last night. They have apparently lost all of the orders for today!!

We've been offered a poor £10 voucher. Surely that's a bit mean!

domtyler

Über Member
Phone them and ask for twenty maybe?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Not trying to cause a mass panic buy at other supermarkets but I'm pretty sure this has happened before and they've managed to resolve it.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

marinyork said:
Not trying to cause a mass panic buy at other supermarkets but I'm pretty sure this has happened before and they've managed to resolve it.

It depends what you mean by resolved. My wife had to go out and buy the shopping that we had already ordered! I would have just though having a back up would have been a good idea! We managed to buy from elsewhere, but I could imagine some people being badly caught out with this (infirm, people with kids etc)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
magnatom said:
It depends what you mean by resolved. My wife had to go out and buy the shopping that we had already ordered! I would have just though having a back up would have been a good idea! We managed to buy from elsewhere, but I could imagine some people being badly caught out with this (infirm, people with kids etc)

i never cease to be amazed at the people i see loading their shopping into a taxi outside my local tesco. surely online is the way to do it? our local library has a free internet service accessible to all so…

Alcdrew

Sainsbury online said:
We have temporarily frozen our online home delivery website having identified a technical issue. We are contacting customers directly whose deliveries have been affected. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes you.

Really bad for business that, doesn't fill me with confidence in wanting to use there online service.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
magnatom said:

Well I know someone who used somerfield's shop and delivery service and the door on the van broke and they had to go and pick out all the shopping again due to defrosting issues. The vans seemed to encounter other problems. A lot of people whilst I was at university used the tescos service and their service seemed to be the least reliable and staff lacking in some area. I think the last time I heard about the sainsburys one they managed to magic some of the data and deliver it all a day or 48 hours later or something. Perhaps it was a more local occurence.

Magnatom I would complain more, I'd have thought you can get more than a tenner out of them. I know someone who sainsburys offered to get a new microwave after one of their men had a minor prang after it or so they claimed and had £5 and £10 for much lesser disasters. I'd complain more and see what you can get.

domtyler

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
i never cease to be amazed at the people i see loading their shopping into a taxi outside my local tesco. surely online is the way to do it? our local library has a free internet service accessible to all so…

Maybe they needed the food straight away rather than in a few days time?

Maybe they don't like using computers for some reason?

Maybe they don't get out much and make a trip to the supermarket an enjoyable excursion? (cooked breakfast and/or coffee and cake before/after)

Globalti

Legendary Member
We have started shopping online with Sainsos or sometimes Tescos because it's much cheaper; although you pay a £5.00 delivery charge you don't wander round picking up all the 2 for 1 promotions and you only order what you really intend to eat. This cuts down on waste and to have one vehicle driving around delivering to 10 households is surely better than having 10 vehicles driving around?

Our weekly grocery bill used to be around the £80-100 mark and is now regularly £55-60. I read this morning of a family of 3 like ours who spend £150 a week!

Top Bottom