1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sandals

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Hover Fly, 10 Jun 2008.

1. Hover Fly

Hover Fly Lover of the bunny

Why is it such a faux pas to wear socks under sandals? I simply don't see anything wrong with them.

2. Jaded

Jaded New Member

It means you can use them for far longer in the year.

Last year I set out on a 100 miler with the temperature at -2. I had sandals, socks and overshoes. By lunch time it was sandals only.

Brilliant.

3. longers

longers Veteran

Don't ask me, I have no taste or style :biggrin:

But I agree with you, with one proviso - not white socks. Ever. Usually ;)

My fleece socks are excellent with sandals.

4. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Hoover Flee, tell me you did not go out in France wearing socks and sandals. Please, please, please.

You could not have been more English if you had a bulldog tattoo and wore a football shirt...;):biggrin:

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Sandals and shorts then I don't use socks, sandals and long trousers I wear socks. Don't really know why but that's what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Oh no, socks an sandals.........no way..even when your foot is about to fall off with chaffing (all right a little hole in my skin) - then go to smelly trainers..........

7. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

some people can carry it off but they usually have beards. I'd look a right nob in sandals and socks, but then again .........

8. Sandals, yes. Socks, yes. Socks and sandals ... er, no.

9. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

It's just wrong. Morally and sartorially. Socks and sandals together are still very popular in Germany for some reason. You wouldn't get away with it in Italy mind.

10. Jaded

Jaded New Member

Black socks and black sandals.

No one notices! Honest!
    I have to go round groups of people shouting "Look at my socks and sandals" before they notice...

11. dantheman

dantheman New Member

sandals and socks: wrong!
    sandals and no socks: wrong!
    sandals: wrong!

so just dont wear them.......................................

12. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

Have to agree with Dan on this one!

13. Socks combined with sandals will be the next big thing in Paris and Milan. I predict.

14. walker

walker New Member

Get out, the lot of you, who would even contemplate socks and sandals, if your gunna wear socks wear trainers, you may think no ones noticed your black socks with black sandals, oh but they have, and when you aren't looking they are pointing and laughing.

and the inbreds that wear flip flops and socks, you should be shot, or at the very least castrated.

Do none of you watch gok wan?

15. girofan

girofan New Member

No socks please, we're British. ;)