SAS armed with new rifle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
But I thought the SBS was the SAS but that may be BS. Haven't worked out who the SRS are but know it must be special something.

Nah the SBS deal with boats - SAS are people who jump out of perfectly good planes to do things behind enemy lines. Im not sure who the SRS are either but Drago made a typo and could mean SRR which is the Special Reconnaissance Regiment

::edit::

Also, I was being sarcastic when I said the SBS deal with boats. They Are called the 'Special Boat Service' but they deal with more than just boat stuff. They are roughly the equivalent of the USAs SEAL teams. So the NAVY/seagoing version of the SAS

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I think Android thought they were some kind of airbag.

Baldy

Über Member
But I thought the SBS was the SAS but that may be BS. Haven't worked out who the SRS are but know it must be special something.

I think @theclaud is trying to get hold of one as I understand Boris is due to visit Swansea.
The SBS are marines and therefore part of the Navy. The SAS are soldiers so part of the Army, simple really.

Drago

Legendary Member
The SBS are marnine/amphibious Special Forces, they are longer exclusively marines. It is possible now to join from any branch of the UK armed services and qualifiy as Swimmer Canoeist.

theclaud

Openly Marxist

I think @theclaud is trying to get hold of one as I understand Boris is due to visit Swansea.
Thanks for the ping but I have no idea what this thread is about, and intend to keep it that way.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thanks for the ping but I have no idea what this thread is about, and intend to keep it that way.

It's just boys and their toys, so you aren't missing anything.

I'm a little surprised the story has attracted so much interest, but it's always been impossible to predict what will appeal to national newsdesks.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
It's just boys and their toys
I assume this is a just a sexist euphemism for middle-aged men getting boners about the military-industrial complex producing novel means of maiming and killing people, rather than tidings of a new Lego release. But then I'm not keen on euphemism, or gun bores [ISWYDT - Ed.]

Drago

Legendary Member
I assume this is a just a sexist euphemism for middle-aged men getting boners about the military-industrial complex producing novel means of maiming and killing people, rather than tidings of a new Lego release. But then I'm not keen on euphemism, or gun bores [ISWYDT - Ed.]
Ah you OK the Claud? Not like you tompop into a thread solely to make disparaging marks about other users.

But it is quite ironic, because if it wasn't for boys with guns you'd be typing that in German, and I wouldn't be here at all.

Remember - you are only free to hold such casually flippant opinions because "rough men are willing to do violence on your behalf", and many on this thread have worn their country's uniform. I don't suppose you'd ever admit it, but you owe as a debt of at least recognition, if not gratitude.

Try your opinions in Kabul town square if you think you're so clever. You're happy to enjoy the freedoms that such men - and now women too - are prepared to physically fight for, but unwilling to even be polite about them. That's not just low, it's positively subterranean.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
So you do know what this thread is about. :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Quite ironic, because if it wasn't for boys with guns you'd be typing that in German, and I wouldn't be here at all.

Remember - you are only free to hold such casually flippant opinions because "rough men are willing to do violence on your behalf", and many on this thread have worn their country's uniform. I don't suppose you'd ever admit it, but you owe as a debt of at least recognition, if not gratitude.

Try your opinions in Kabul town square if you think you're so clever.
The bonhomie's a bit thin this morning, if you don't mind my saying so.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Calm down, pet, not every reference to gender is sexist.

Top Bottom