Satisfying jobs - add a pair of images

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I enjoyed doing this but it was my job

20151026_082718.jpg
20151029_120204.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 4474407, member: 9609"]Nice job, but was that a choice to run the grain that way on the sides? If I had cut it that way I would have got some splintering on the edge that would have ruined it..[/QUOTE]
I think it was just the way the cookie crumbled with the sheets of 2x4 ply i had. The pieces were cut in pairs with a router against a form, so only one edge would have been vulnerable to splintering. There is a fair bit of filler, mostly around the rebates for the shelves.

I thought the rule was not to polish things like that as it devalues them?
I have the official ruling from the auction house that will be valuing it.

"Please feel free to clean the silver plate/ sterling silver, it will be more attractive to buyers clean , however I know it can be very time consuming so if you run out of time, don’t stress too much."

It's going to be a big chore, luckily a friend has volunteered to help. There are 3 of these meat covers and a lots more besides. Sadly there are no descendant in my branch of the family, and my cousins will have similar hoards to pass on to their kids, so it's mostly off to auction.

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
[QUOTE 4474357, member: 76"]I really enjoyed turning a pair of these.........

New%20Ammo%20Boots%2001.JPG

Into a pair of these..........

4520971510-jpg.208547.jpg

It took ages, and when I left the Army I bought them home with me. I sometimes polish my work shoes to near this standard just because I can![/QUOTE]

Hot spoon?

Top Bottom