Saved by the lbs,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

My rear mech began playing up on thurs night, couldn't change easily into the smaller cogs, so I set about re indexing it yesterday, that didn't help a deal and got me frustrated! I could still just about change and decided a new cable was probably needed. Rode it down to a new lbs ( Igloo cycles Chesterfield) this morning and they looked at it straight away. Turns out the cable in the shifter was held on by about 2 threads as it was frayed very badly. Was told it was maybe a tricky job to extract this, ( 105 ) and it might not get done today depending on how busy the shop was. Rang the wife and got collected.

Phonecall about 10 minutes later to say it was all done! New cable fitted and the whole thing re indexed etc. Grand total of 11 quid. Happy bunny as I got to do my planned ride, and can still do my long ride tomorrow and debut my new wheels. Bought some self adhesive puncture patches as well and had a good chat with Rob the owner. lots of shiny new stuff in there in a very small floorspace,

So I've now used 2 small lbs' and have had great service from both. Done about 4000 miles on it with only me lubing cleaning and greasing, so I reckon a full service is due before The Etape in July, only difficulty is which shop to choose!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
always great to hear about good service from LBS's

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I had a rear gear change cable snap by the shifter (105),couldnt work out how to get the nipple out as it wasnt visible until the lightbulb in my head came on and I realised you needed to click right down through the gears until it became visible flick out the old nipple with a needle and thread the new cable back in..

It really is a 10 minute job ,suspect whoever you spoke to initially didnt know how simple it was then was surprised when the mechanic fixerd it in minutes. Still good to hear about good service though and their charges seem very reasonable.:thumbsup:

PS mine snapped 150kms into a 200km sportive which was shaping up to be the best ride of my life,I swore quite a bit.

Top Bottom