Scalped a couple of lycra clad roadies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twobiker

So did the guy that you say scalped you do anything to indicate to you that you were scalped ?
Or is the scalping just in your head ?
I am making an indication to you at this moment can you guess what it is.?

Did you read the post , you are a waste of space.

The guy that scalped you gave no overt sign that he was consciously scalping you , the scalping issue is just in your head.
You say "scalping is just a make believe race between two people, one of whom doesn't probably know its a race or give a sh*t. "
Do you mean the scalper is the "one of whom doesn't probably know its a race or give a sh*t."
And the person being scalped _ in your case this is you _ is the one in the make believe race with the problem with being scalped.
I presumed you had meant it the other way round.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm going to start literally scalping riders that I pass... ie slice off their head skin/hair. Then I'll hang my trophies from my crossbar.
smile.gif

twobiker

The guy that scalped you gave no overt sign that he was consciously scalping you , the scalping issue is just in your head.
You say "scalping is just a make believe race between two people, one of whom doesn't probably know its a race or give a sh*t. "
Do you mean the scalper is the "one of whom doesn't probably know its a race or give a sh*t."
And the person being scalped _ in your case this is you _ is the one in the make believe race with the problem with being scalped.
I presumed you had meant it the other way round.
The only thing I have a problem with is a smartass, Normally I would have to meet someone to form an opinion of them, but in your case just by reading your posts to me I have made an exception.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
No good with the skinhead brigade like me :smile:

Is it just overtaking someone ???

It is ideed overtaking someone keyser, the upshot of this overtaking is that you are of course the superior human being in just about every conceivable way. Unfortunately, some of us never seem to have a chance to "scalp" another rider whilst still getting "scalped" ourselves, pushing us slow fellas further and further down the ladder of masculinity (I think it tends to be blokes). So any opportunity we get to climb a rung no matter how tenuous is clung on to.
Mainly, I think most people see it as a little bit of harmless nonsense.

barongreenback

Über Member
This afternoon, I scalped a PSCO riding a knobbly tyred mountain bike whilst I was wearing my lycra on my racing bike (and going downhill). I am the best. No question :biggrin:

keyser soze

Cheers Mugshot..

I might have to adjust my ride out time to coincide with pension day, maybe I can try some 'blue rinse scalping', be the only kind I get for my totem pole :smile:

The only thing I have a problem with is a smartass, Normally I would have to meet someone to form an opinion of them, but in your case just by reading your posts to me I have made an exception.

Why so defensive. First you attribute scalping overtones to somebody probably just innocently overtaking you.
Then protest not to give a sh*t when it is evidently clear that you are precisely the kind of person who does give a sh*t .
And now you seem Unnerved by the prospect that somebody may be smarter than you - i am happy to concede that you are the smarter if it helps you calm down.
Its only a bit of harmless fun - dont get paranoid that everyone who overtakes you is mentally scalping you or that youve got anything to feel bad about. Unless your lance armstrong everyone gets scalped sometimes.

twobiker

Why so defensive. First you attribute scalping overtones to somebody probably just innocently overtaking you.
Then protest not to give a sh*t when it is evidently clear that you are precisely the kind of person who does give a sh*t .
And now you seem Unnerved by the prospect that somebody may be smarter than you - i am happy to concede that you are the smarter if it helps you calm down.
Its only a bit of harmless fun - dont get paranoid that everyone who overtakes you is mentally scalping you or that youve got anything to feel bad about. Unless your lance armstrong everyone gets scalped sometimes.
Defensive , lets see, you have launched a personal attack on me and now say, "Oh why are you upset" The OP was about scalping some one, hence the title, dimwit, my dog is smarter than you, and with the allegations re Lance Armstrong, not a good choice, my post about being overtaken said that the guy was innocently overtaking me, but you have chosen to ignore that , and I really don't give a shoot about scalping hence my jokey replies , again which you chose to ignore,There are a lot of people smarter than me you are not one of them,How do you conceive that what you post is "harmless fun" .

snorri

Legendary Member
I was overtaken yesterday by two cyclists, it looked like a father and son. Today, I was overtaken again :angry: , it was the father from yesterday :ohmy:, he slowed down to speak today . That's three overtakes in two days, and I haven't overtaken anyone for weeks.
Is it worth carrying on, or should I just quietly give up cycling :?: :sad:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I was overtaken yesterday by two cyclists, it looked like a father and son. Today, I was overtaken again :angry: , it was the father from yesterday :ohmy:, he slowed down to speak today . That's three overtakes in two days, and I haven't overtaken anyone for weeks.
Is it worth carrying on, or should I just quietly give up cycling :?: :sad:

I'd count the father and son combination as a peloton with all it's associated benefits, therefore it's only one overtake, you should definitely hang on in there!

Top Bottom