Schwalbe Durano RaceGuard Dual Compound Folding Road Tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Done about 500 kms on the Durano pluses so far without a fairy visit. They are quite heavy but seem to roll well I did a 200 km audax on them and got an overall time that was pretty good for me.Not wasting time changing tubes on the side of th road helps.

So far so good, no cuts despite riding on glass strewn South Wales streets or any problems at all so far, fingers crossed.

Are you still happy with these @Banjo I need to replace my Blizzards and these are the prime contender.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I ride DP's on my commute. Bike. Not the fastest of rolling tyres but not the slowest either and they are very tough. I rode them until the blue started showing with no punctures.

My CGR is on ('28') Durano RaceGuard Dual Compound 'folders'

I bought it in March, & to date, despite a lot more use than I anticipated (due to knee/foot problems stopping me running to work as much as I did in 2016), they seem fine in all weathers

I will state though, that when I bought the bike, I was using '23' section (Schwalbe Lugano) on my 'blue' Ribble winter bike - as they call that frame
So, the difference in rolling resistance seemed h-u-g-e

Now, with 6 months use, I feel confident in the tyres, & the bike, and will lean it over very well through corners
There is, however, two roundabouts on my route home;

- the first is just outside our grounds, & has been 'well polished' by vehicles taking the racing line through it, & unless it's bone-dry always feels slightly greasy
https://www.instantstreetview.com/@53.695937,-1.489425,10.25h,-17.24p,0z

- the other is part of a new 'relief road'/'bypass', which can be greasy (a lot of construction traffic uses it as well)
It's also a downhill approach, of a small diameter, so high lean angles can be expected

Most importantly
6 months & not a single puncture

Would I buy another pair?
Would I recommend them to another rider?

"Yes", on both counts!

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Too late! I ordered the raceguards last night. I'm sure they'll be fine, i was leaning towards them anyway as they seem similar to the Blizzards.

This is what I have and I like them. (I have just a smidge under 1K on mine.) Put it this way, they have personality. I've had 2 punctures, but only AFTER the Arrivée. Blessed is their sweet resolve to get me back home.

Oh, go on then. Back by popular demand here's my picture of a pallet nail that went into a Durano Plus tyre (embedded by over 1 cm) but did not puncture the inner tube.
View attachment 375594

That's impressive. Again

I've been a fan of Schwalbe tyres, since I had a pair of 'Blizzards' (I think that's what they were?) on an old work/commuter/'365' bike
Someone asked me if I'd been riding through red paint..............................
2007. Yellow Bike. 3.JPG 2007. Yellow Bike. 5.JPG

I think it does show, though, how puncture resistant they were!
I rode that bike, circa 1999 - 2006

Still got it hanging up in the garage (STI levers have played their usual 'old age' trick of failing to change gear)

These arrived today. Fitting impressions are they are a bit stiffer and harder than the Blizzards they are replacing and the belt feels thicker but the Blizzards were worn out with the casing beginning to show. Doing the Leeds Scarborough ride tomorrow so I'll soon know how they feel to ride in comparison to the Blizzards.

I didn't notice until the 2nd tyre fitting that they had a direction arrow. I know it probably makes no damn difference on a bike tyre but it would have irritated me, so I had to take the front one back off again to appease my conscience.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
These arrived today. Fitting impressions are they are a bit stiffer and harder than the Blizzards they are replacing and the belt feels thicker but the Blizzards were worn out with the casing beginning to show. Doing the Leeds Scarborough ride tomorrow so I'll soon know how they feel to ride in comparison to the Blizzards.

I didn't notice until the 2nd tyre fitting that they had a direction arrow. I know it probably makes no damn difference on a bike tyre but it would have irritated me, so I had to take the front one back off again to appease my conscience.

S'true. Schwalbe state in an article that the directional advice is often aesthetic rather than functional.

Top Bottom