Schwalbe Land Cruisers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I had them on my MTB when I started to do more road commuting.

Much better than knobblies on road, decent for trails and towpaths (not really an MTB off road tyre though) reliable, but they are heavy.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
View attachment 122792 These look the right for our tour, @mcshroom noted in his journal for the same Northumberland Coast tour that some of the routes on the venture were similar to MTB trails ,I also like the 35m width for rain battered unsealed tracks , sort of all terrain\weatherpattern,
Thanks for the replies , also looking forward to @Pat "5mph" report on first use
Haven't been out on them yet: the bike I fitted them on needed mudguards (raining heavily again today) and I did not have time to finish the job, all done now.
If the weather is half reasonable tomorrow will go for a spin. I got the Land cruisers for my text tour that will include some rough terrain.

I have them on one of my MTB great for road and lightish off road
pretty heavy tho

reliable, but they are heavy.
Guys, compared to the Marathons Original Greenguard I use on all my bikes, these ones are half the weight!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I have them on my MTB which I use mainly for shopping trips with the panniers. I find they roll reasonably on and off road. No visits from the fairy so far. Hope she's not reading this:whistle:.

contadino

Veteran
I've had the same pair of land cruisers on my MTB for the last 6 years without puncture. And at least 70% of the miles I do on it are on stradini bianche - gravel and rocks.

They're not bad in fango/mud either. I did 400km off road in the dolomites this winter and they did pretty well. Better than a couple of my mates with their posh tyres for sure.

united4ever

Über Member
Was close to getting the land cruisers for my canal path commute after too many punctures on my basic tyres that came with the bike. However, I ended up going with regular Marathons....a bit heavy they are - how much lighter/quicker would land cruisers be.

clid61

Veteran
good bullet proof tyre , have had them on my commuter for years. no need to carry tubes pump or repair kit with these bad boys !

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
good bullet proof tyre , have had them on my commuter for years. no need to carry tubes pump or repair kit with these bad boys !

That's just poking the "P" fairy with a very pointy stick!

Top Bottom