Schwinn single speed, to buy or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Currently looking to add a single speed to the stable & have an idea of what I want, however I've seen this on the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221833669731?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT Might be cheap enough to take a plunge, but is it worth it, or is it the BSO of singlespeeds? Tried searching the net, but very little info on them :blush:
If the Schwinn isn't worth having, I'll go down the old steel frame self build & get just what I want :okay:

U

User19783

Looks to me,
it has a back pedal rear brake,
Otherwise,
it looks ok, but I wouldn't pay any more than £100 for it.

U

User19783

cheers, chickened out in the end :blush: It finished at £80 which isn't bad, but over 2 hours away from me & think I'll get an old steel frame & do my own build :okay:

Excellent.
That's a great plan,
IMAG0071.jpg

This my old Raleigh roadace , 531r Reynolds.
It has forward facing rear drop out, fitted with chain tugs,
Which is great for mud guards,
as when you have to remove the rear wheel, you don't have to mess around with the rear guard.
Best of luck.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Excellent.
That's a great plan,
This my old Raleigh roadace , 531r Reynolds.
It has forward facing rear drop out, fitted with chain tugs,
Which is great for mud guards,
as when you have to remove the rear wheel, you don't have to mess around with the rear guard.
Best of luck.

I'm also considering Tannus solid tyres, so no need to worry about removing rear wheel :okay: but they are a bit pricey & I can see the cost of my project going silly :blush:

Top Bottom