Sealskinz Gloves - waterproof - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Bought a pair of Sealskinz Ultra Grip cycling gloves about five years ago. Only used them when I felt it would rain during my commute, thus they were out about ten or twelve time a year; hardly heavy use. After a couple or so years, on a rainy ride home, they leaked. So I tested them at home and yes, they leaked. Contacted Sealskinz who asked me to send them back for them to test. This I duly did and received a replacement pair. When I later asked about the results of their test, I was informed that 'the results of the test were not available' - ! :whistle:
I was wearing the replacement pair last Thursday, again it was raining :rain:and they also leaked - ! :eek: Tested them at home and yes, several leaks in both gloves. Again, this second pair of gloves only get used when I'm expecting rain. I've just e-mailed Sealskinz for their comments, but has anyone else experienced anything similar with Sealskinz products - ?

Drago

Legendary Member
I've 2 pairs, one about a decade old, one about 6 months old. Neither leak.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Sealskinz are very hit and miss, if you are lucky they are great, though they do seem to have a high failure rate.

Though if it is really wet then nothing will keep you dry, the key is that whilst you may be wet they need to keep you warm.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Hopeless company in my personal experience. Their default is to send another pair rather than address the issues and problems that a customer is doing them the courtesy of feeding back.

They seemed nonplussed when I said that I didn't want a third replacement pair and would buy a different brand which might not fail.

tom73

Guru
Had a pair for years never had a problem. Even the pair of socks I have are holding up well. Outlaws use them for years (hard core walkers) and they’ve never had problems

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
No leaks with mine, plus I don't get any problems with the lining bunching up - as I did with the Endura ones I had

Never managed to get all ten fingers into my pair due do the lining twizzling up. Gave up on them before it rained so will never know if they were waterproof or not.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I bought a pair and found them horrible to put on with sweaty hands and they leaked after a few months.

Worst gloves I had for putting on were Endura .The lining would bunch up and go rock hard.

Lee_M

Guru
pair of gloves, waterproof after 12 months.

3 pairs of socks, still waterproof after about 5 years

Top Bottom