seat post pannier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Carradice Caradura £20
bag2-jpg.1780.jpg

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
cool dc lane, did it fit easy enough?

like the look of the carradace curruda will check it out

chugsy

cool dc lane, did it fit easy enough?

like the look of the carradace curruda will check it out
I think for me I know the back of my thighs would rub against such a large pack. Might be worth improvising something to hang from your saddle to test if the same would be true for you.

PpPete

Legendary Member
That is indeed the same fitting as on the R&K Contour bag. Mine is the Contour Mudguard model - 4.5 litres, just about right for 200km/300km audax

chugsy

Licenced technology I guess - bang for buck the Altura has more features I think. Bungee is useful for clothing and the side pockets are useful for tools and tubes leaving the interior just for grub and pump. I believe there is a version where the pockets open up into drop down into panniers - not sure how that works without a rack to keep them from going into the wheel....

chugsy

Completely independent to the rack. I finally succumbed to buying a rack for those days when I want to carry more. I should have took pictures of it attached to the winter bike as it has no rack but was too lazy to unshackle it... Kona lives in the kitchen and was easy to bring out for the photo op.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
well i didnt get one for christmas! so im looking for one

i did get some great new racing lycra, doesnt look good on though, need to lose some weight first!

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I have one of these - bought extra mounting blocks so it can be transferred between my many bikes. Holds all my tools, lunch etc... I use it's frame to mount all my lights so I don't have to buy multiple sets per bike. Not convinced it's suitable for carbon posts as you have tighten up an allen bolt directly onto the post. It's called the Altura Arran rack pack.

Altura%20Arran%20Post%20Pack.jpg
I've the same bag I've had for a few years, wouldn't leave home without it, worth every penny IMHO

Top Bottom