Secure bike parking in Manchester?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tubbs

There are lots of bike stands near the Town Hall/Library - I leave mine opposite the Midland Hotel all day every weekday and sometimes at the weekend. I've never had a problem - my bike isn't really worth nicking though... but there are always decent ones there too!

Millhouse

Yeah my Mtb went because I hadnt locked it, were too busy trying to sort all the customers out as it were a busy period.
I'm a lot more cautious with my bike now I'm locking my stuff up before dealing with any work.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
PLEASE use a decent DLOCK tho, a good buddy of mine locked his Ribble with a cable lock, just off Cross Street and went for a coffee, 30 mins later, the 105 Ribble was gone, the police didnt care (It was parked next to a bank so he suggested checking cctv) He has a decent DLOCK, but just this once he didnt use it, gutted for him

Schneil

Veteran
Granby row! Right next to the university entrance. Very close the train station. People coming and going 9-5 during the week and people from the uni always outside smoking so very little chance of theft (well unless its someone from the uni, but any bolt cutters pulled out will immediatelly cause alarm since people are always there as a witness), it should be safe there. I know at least 3 people who leave bikes there all day mon to fri.

DON'T park your bike on Granby Row. My old Scott got nicked from Altrincham St (nearby) a few years ago, which was during a busy day at university. I went to work with a bike and came home without. The university is a cycle theft blackspot. Which is why members of staff and post grads have secure bike shelters.

400bhp

Guru
I'm potentially moving offices to 3 Picadilly Place - they have a NCP car park at the bottom that has "secure cycle parking". Does anyone use it and does anyone know of any secure cycle parking nearby?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No it's a 'big' commercial type venture - has some GM council funding.Talks of a bike shop as well.

Picadilly Place - it's flipping empty round there - I go to 2 Piccadilly Place on a regular basis.

400bhp

Guru
No it's a 'big' commercial type venture - has some GM council funding.Talks of a bike shop as well.

Picadilly Place - it's flipping empty round there - I go to 2 Piccadilly Place on a regular basis.

Got any details of the venture?

Schneil

Veteran
Oooh I heard about you guys in the Guardian a few weeks back. I might try out one of your coffees before I go to the Arndale. Do you have showers?

I've been using the popup bike place this week. Deepak (the owner) looks after your bike for you, so you don't need to worry about things like expensive lights getting swiped. I could get changed and he even let me hang up my cycle kit to let it dry out. Well worth £1.50. Oh and the coffee is good.

Top Bottom