Seeya! - arallsopp does the LEL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Crackle said:
I'm almost sorry to finally read the end but I echo everyone's sentiment of an amazing ride and story and did I read that was your first audax, your first, you chose the LEL as your first audax! Incredible.

+1

Truly an epic ride and epic ride report. :wacko:

THANK YOU :becool:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Brilliant! 2 epics, one on the road and one in the writing! :becool:
Agree with others on getting it published ...

Are you going to do an epilogue for us? Please?
I would be very interested in how quickly (or slowly) you recovered from this amazing physical and mental effort. And what you might do differently [whisper mode] if you were to do something like this again [/whisper mode]

T

zigzag

Veteran
Wow - what a story!! I am fascinated how you were able to capture so much detail, to remember all that! My memories were quite simple: need to eat, need to sleep, up the hill, down the hill, nice view, rain again, noisy achilles etc. Your story took me back to the event in a different dimension - I re-lived it once again with every fine detail, images, sounds, smells. Thank you - absolutely fantastic!

R

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Thanks all for such kind words. I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to share this with you. I'm actually really going to miss having this hang over me.

4126269754_2163c81e32_b.jpg

4125502087_1545bd6715_b.jpg

4126271780_20549b5a85_b.jpg

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
No doubt you will miss it so much it won't be long before you sign up for something similar - it's mouse blood in those veins!! Well done - great achievement!

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

jay clock said:
If you read here http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=21413 then you will find that back in October 08 arallsopp was only doing 10 miles a week!

LOL! Thanks for reminding me of that. Amazing how 'normal' baselines just shift isn't it :biggrin:

Personally, I'm amazed Greenbank put up with me. If not for the asinine questions beforehand, surely for mistaking him for a pixie during :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Telemark said:
Brilliant! 2 epics, one on the road and one in the writing! :smile:
Agree with others on getting it published ...

Are you going to do an epilogue for us? Please?
I would be very interested in how quickly (or slowly) you recovered from this amazing physical and mental effort. And what you might do differently [whisper mode] if you were to do something like this again [/whisper mode]

T

+1 on the epilogue! it would be great to have a view from now, just to tail it all off.

Excellent stuff, is all I can say.

Greenbank

Über Member
arallsopp said:
LOL! Thanks for reminding me of that. Amazing how 'normal' baselines just shift isn't it :smile:

Personally, I'm amazed Greenbank put up with me. If not for the asinine questions beforehand, surely for mistaking him for a pixie during :bravo:

And, as you found out, all you need is a big bag of HTFU. :biggrin:

Better a pixie than a tramp (I heard one women tell her child to "keep away from the tramp on the bench" whilst I was having a mid-morning doze on an Audax once).

Good work on the report. You should pull it all together and post it on one page when you're done with the epilogue...

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Sorry bud. There's a character limit to each post, and even a few single legs fouled it before splitting:smile:
I may push it all into a PDF and link that though. Despite the efforts of a few die-hards, its a lot of text to sift through in a forum.

Thank you so much for taking the effort to post your reports. It is so inspirational to follow your journey - you had me holding my breath at some points, willing you on to the next stop for some food and a little sleep! Bet you never look at cable-ties without a sense of deep-felt appreciation now!

It was a fantastic read, beautifully written and a phenomenal achievement - chapeau, Sir! Chapeau!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Fantastic Andy, the most entertaining write up I've enjoyed, but came to an end too quickly.................now when you're writing up your round the world trip that should give us a bit more to sink our teeth into:evil:

Arch

Married to Night Train
arallsopp said:
Sorry bud. There's a character limit to each post, and even a few single legs fouled it before splitting:smile:
I may push it all into a PDF and link that though. Despite the efforts of a few die-hards, its a lot of text to sift through in a forum.

I'm happy to cut and paste it all into a word document, if you like, which I could then email you (I'm not sure I can make PDFs at home). In fact I have an unexpected day off tomorrow.

I'll even throw in a free professional proof-read.:biggrin: Although I don't think it needs it.

Top Bottom