Seeya! - arallsopp does the LEL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
arallsopp said:
Lay back, and think of Scotland ;)
Surely it would need to be:

- Lay back and Thought of Scotland

- Laid Back and Thought of Scotland

- Laid Back and Thinking of Scotland

.. and the Laid Back bit would be nice for David G :becool:

redjedi

Über Member
:tongue:

Excellent work Andy

I can't believe I've only just got around to reading this thread properly. I was up until 3 am reading it last night, and finished it off this morning.

I must have been really tired last night, as I was having thoughts of participating in the next LEL. Luckily I came to my senses and went to bed :rolleyes:

A well deserved post of the year, possibly of the decade.

I am looking forward to your next adventure.

gbb

Legendary Member
Spellbinding read arallsop...i never venture intoT&E (amongst other sections) so had no idea about this till i saw the Post of the year result. Just read it from start to end...brilliant. I'm in awe ;)

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Afternoon all. Mrs arallsopp just rang to say the review copy of the book has arrived through our letterbox. One afternoon of work left, then its a quick dash home to check it through. Assuming I haven't done anything daft with colour management on the cover or hideous typos, I reckon it'll be available on the digital shelves very promptly.

Thanks again for all your encouragement and feedback.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Ladies and gentlemen,

After considerable sacrifice from my family, much effort and encouragement from the cyclechat community (and not a few hours spent at the keyboard tapping things into shape) I am pleased to announce that 'Barring Mechanicals' is now available to purchase from the digital shelves at: lulu.com.

It will, of course, also remain on this thread and the cyclechat blog, but if you want the exclusive pics, typographical corrections, and the opportunity to read it in the bath, you're just going to have to buy it :laugh:

Thank you to everyone who had a part in bringing this one to life. I couldn't, wouldn't, and likely shouldn't have done it without you.

Andy.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
arallsopp said:
.... and the opportunity to read it in the bath, you're just going to have to buy it :tongue:

Andy.
Ordered :smile: ... for reading in the shower, surely, to get the full LEL experience :tongue:.
Thank you to everyone who had a part in bringing this one to life. I couldn't, wouldn't, and likely shouldn't have done it without you.
.. and a lovely reminder of why we all loved reading it and for what is in store ... :tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Headgardener said:
I will be ordering that as soon as funds become available, I look forward to reading it in one go rather than as Andy had time to post the stages:biggrin:.

<:blush::wahhey: Reached my 1000.

Well, I read it as he posted it, and then I proof read it and know I have a copy and last night I sat and read it from cover to cover, in one go. Every time I find another gem I didn't quite notice before.

And today I sat on the trike, and pulled away from the lockup and thought... Hell, I could do that.

Thanks Andy:angry:

:sad:;)

Well, he had under a year to train. Next LEL, 2013, that's 3 whole years.

40 miles today. Just have to do that, 22 times.

Oh god, what am I thinking....

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Delivered 1300.

Out on bike 1330 - 1515. :angry:

;) :tongue: :angry:

Finished 2225.

Brilliant ! :bravo:

Thanks to all involved in bringing the epic tale to book form. :biggrin:

Arch said:
And today I sat on the trike, and pulled away from the lockup and thought... Hell, I could do that. [...] Oh god, what am I thinking....

My copy arrived yesterday - where you as chuffed as me to see your name in print on the back cover? Fame by association is strangely satisfying!

I had exactly the same thought as you. If you are actually serious, I would be up for joining you on the ride. In fact, we should contact everyone listed on the back cover and ride in honour of Andy's achievement...

I can't wait for Mrs dmoan to read to book - I want her to be as excited as I was the first time I read the reports!

Top Bottom