Seeya! - arallsopp does the LEL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
dmoan said:
My copy arrived yesterday - where you as chuffed as me to see your name in print on the back cover? Fame by association is strangely satisfying!

I had exactly the same thought as you. If you are actually serious, I would be up for joining you on the ride. In fact, we should contact everyone listed on the back cover and ride in honour of Andy's achievement...

I can't wait for Mrs dmoan to read to book - I want her to be as excited as I was the first time I read the reports!

Yes, I was chuffed. Even in these days when we are all 'publishing' ourselves on the internet, there's something about seeing your name in print.

As for am I actually serious? Assuming no major changes of life, disability or imprisonment... Yes, I think I am. We have 3 years to decide I suppose, but hey, it pays to be prepared. It would be fabulous to do it with someone, or as part of a group, even if it didn't work out that we stuck together.

If you're up for it, I am. I know at least other person on here who said they were also having thoughts.

Now, I wonder about Andy....:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, and I've raved about it so much, my Mum wants to read it. I don't think she quite understands the bit where I say I'd kinda like to do it to...

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Arch said:

Hey. People have been wondering about me all my life :angry:

I'm so pleased to have been able to share this with you all, and only slightly worried about what I might have kicked off. Oh, and huge thanks to whoever posted a review at lulu that wasn't my mum :tongue:

Andy.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Andy, I hope to order a copy when the funds permit..that is if there is still a copy to order! Well done again!

Arch said:
If you're up for it, I am. I know at least other person on here who said they were also having thoughts.

We are on!

The idea has passed the Mrs dmoan test (after much laughter!). I have reserved the time in our July/August 2013 calendar and, by then, I'll have my all-titanium Enigma dream-machine to tour on. I have the full range of CycleChat kit ready and waiting to cope with all weathers...

Shall we aim for the prize of the longest ever forum ride?

Arch

Married to Night Train
That's sorted then!

As for longest ever forum ride, you realise whatever we do, some mouseketeer will do it, and then ride the 100 miles back home....:biggrin:

I think I'll start a thread... Frankly just keeping a thread going that long will be an achievement! (well, one not about tea...)

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Arch said:

Now, I wonder about Andy....:blush:

Sweetheart. People have been wondering about me all my life, but (momentary trepidation...) "yes." If there's a cyclechat contingent joining the ride next time, I'll come along. I've already got a pass card for the week (I was planning to volunteer at a control) but it's probably transferable should I find myself the other side of the desk.

It'd be great to ride with you all. Even better if one of you will take notes :biggrin:

The other thing I was wondering was whether we could pull together a 'best of cyclechat ride reports' book each year. There are more than enough excellent writers on these boards, and it would give us a good readership base for the 2013 sequel.... :smile:

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

I know I was the last person to post on this, but I just felt compelled to offer you all my continued gratitude for your interest in the book. I was hoping to reach 50 copies by today, and we just sold our sixty second! :ohmy:

Even discounting those I suspect my mum bought, that's still at least two! :sad:

Andy.

Arch

Married to Night Train
You deserve it!

I've been raving about it to my Mum, and she wants to read it, I told her the line about the river ticking it's way to a single entry in its schedule in 5000 years time. "ox bow lake?" and she thought that was superb!

I'm not sure she'll be quite so thrilled at my ambition to emulate you, although riding to her house could be a useful training run.... The scary thing is, riding to my sister's (5 hours on the train!) also looks like a useful bit of training!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Well Andy, it's just that it's such a good read...and despite our existence as an online community with the odd pleasurable foray into real life it's nice to have something tangible that can be held in material form, something that you can smell the ink off the freshly printed pages and ultimately something solid that was more portable than a laptop.

How many copies are there? I haven't purchased mine yet and may not be able to for some time - don't want them to run out without having a copy!

Arch

Married to Night Train
If I understand it correctly, it's print on demand, so there is no set number in stock - you order it, they print it.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Arch said:
If I understand it correctly, it's print on demand, so there is no set number in stock - you order it, they print it.

Exactly right. There are a finite number of trees though, so don't wait too long TT :biggrin:

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Well I bought a copy, but then Lulu took my money and cocked up their order system. They took the money from my paypal account, but their web site said it was "waiting payment".

I raised it with them, and they just deleted my order from the system without refunding my money (eventually 3 days later, their help desk system is shockingly awful).

So I'm reticent to send them any more until it gets sorted out.

Shame, because I enjoyed all your entries and I've never had a problem buying stuff from Lulu before.

Top Bottom